Chapter 7- Sam! No Captain Sam!

HIIIIIIII. J It's 1:22am as I publish this so I'm going to sleep after I finish this chappie and then I shall sleep. (mostly a filler, sorry but Olly on the side)

"Ok team, let's get to work." Coach clapped, uncapping the pen and writing all of our names on the board.

"Seeing that we only have one team, with Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors, you all know that I automatically eliminate all of the Freshman from the running for captain position. This leaves 11 of the original 17 of you. Next order is that this year I'm going with people with 10 or more years of experience of you, which means I Have Harvey, Jack, Finn, Max, Dan, and Sam." I snapped my head up at the mention of my name. Yes, I have been playing soccer since I came out of the womb, I honestly don't know why I'm being considered for a captain passion, I'm brand-new and I'm sure the guys will just pick Harvey for their fearless leader.

"Next is grades; everyone understands that you have to keep an A average to keep the position?" We all nod.

"So, that leaves us with Harvey, Finn and Sam." I looked to Finn but he was already staring at me; he winked and his attention was drawn back to coach.

"So. I have my pick for who I want to be captain, but I do want to hear who ya'll want as well."

"well with respect coach, I don't wanna be captain" Finn looked shameful, turning to avoid coach's death glare, "Fine. So it's between Harvey and Sam." Harvey looked at me in pure malice,

"Personally, I'd vote Sammy in; she's a strong girl and doesn't take anyone's B.S." nodded Olly.

"Ditto." Called the twins; A few of the other boys nodded in agreement and Harvey glared at every single one of them.

"My only thing is" said Max, "Harvey was our captain last year and we didn't make it to state champs like we did with Chance, who Sammy seems to know, plus they have similar playing styles and I think it'd be a good idea to give her a run. Plus it'd throw off the other teams seeing a girl playing on an all boys varsity team, let alone having one as our captain." I was shocked into a stunned silence. Max gave me a shy smile and turned away. Why where they helping me? Most don't even like me, yet, they are pushing for me to be their captain?

"Well it seems for the most part that all of us are in agreement then, I want to congratulate Sam on being our new team captain!" Cheers erupted in the spacious basement and my boys tackled me in a congratulatory hug.

Good News: I'm my high school football team Captain.

Bad News: Harvey and his followers looked like they were going to slit my throat.