Chapter 17- You Misogynistic Prick

Tuesday morning rolled around in a haze, hair wild and throat dry as a desert. The long weekend we had been given was spent sleeping, and doing homework given by teachers who assumed that just because we had an extra day, they could give up triple the workload and be able to finish it in time for Tuesday. Yet, here it was, in all of its shining glory. Ready to crush the spirits of all teenagers alike in our quest for 'knowledge'. Why did I need to know that a covalent bond was a sharing of electron pairs between atoms? Who the hell know why. Wasn't like I was going to be a scientist, I was a soccer player for Christs sake.

"So how are your classes?" Maddie asked. It was lunch break, and Maddie and I had taken residence at a table near the doors. The day had  passed without incident; no Harley, no teenage girls glaring at me like it was their job, and no one bothering me. It was a quiet day.

"Nothing much. Just a boring, peaceful day in the neighborhood." I gave her a lazy smile and sipped from my coke can. She grinned and talked animatedly about the project she had in Mr. Pier's class this afternoon, and how she was paired with the ever so 'hunky' Kingston 'King' Williams. She'd come over to work on their project, and they'd done more that act out the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet for their Honor Shakespeare class. Apparently they did the ol' bump and grind on his back patio, and his dad came home as she was putting her clothes on. Sounded less than fun to me, but she had, in her own words, a wonderful time.

We would have continued, but I was asked to come to the Vice Principal's office during lunch break. I excused myself from my conversation with Maddie, whose hair was neon green this week, and I couldn't help but compliment her before I left. Neon green hair was a weird thing I liked, but was never allowed to dye my own hair. I was snapped out of my hair fantasy when I️ remembered I️ was going to the office. I️ couldn't begin to imagine what I had done to be called down; I was just hoping it was for academic excellence and not the vaccination paper that I had yet to turn in.

"Hello, Samantha, please take a seat. Mr. Pinckney will be with you momentarily." The receptionist told me as I opened the door to the office. I did as told and sat in the hard blue plastic chairs, tapping my foot impatiently.

"Please follow me this way." The VP had called for me; he was a pot-bellied man with a deeply receding hairline, peppered with grey. His chubby hand motioned for me to follow him, so I rose and entered his office. He told me to take a seat, so I sat in one of the chairs directly in front of his organized desk.

"Thank you for joining me this afternoon, Samantha. I'm not sure that you know why I've called you here today, but I'll be frank; you are being urged to quit the men's soccer team. There has been some inner club issues caused by your addition to the team, as well as community concern for a... girl being a player, let alone being the captain. We haven't informed your coach of this situation, but if you do not chose to peacefully resign your position on the team, myself and your coach will have to take executive action, so to speak." I grit my teeth, fisting my hands into the fabric of the arm chair.

"I was forced to play on the boys team, because your school doesn't have a women's soccer team. I'm sure you can see that I have too other choice but to play Division One soccer on the boys team. My professional career rides on playing and being recruited in high school, Sir." I bit out, scowling at the man. He only scoffed.

"You have until the end of the month to make your decision. I have no doubt that the team will not suffer from you absence."

"But States are at the end of the month! I deserve to play, just like everyone else on the team; I pulled my own weight, and am captain for a reason! This is insane!

"I'm sorry you feel that way, Samantha. You're dismissed." He gave me a condescending smile, and waved his hand to the door.

"Like hell I'm dismissed." I scoffed, standing up, roughly slamming my chair back into position.

"Unless you'd like to be suspended for that foul mouth of yours, you will take your leave and see you at the end of the month. Sooner if you come to your senses and end this ridiculous game of yours." I held my tongue, and smirked at the balding man.

"Believe me. We'll be seeing each other sooner than you think." With that, I left the room, slamming the door behind me. This was far from a meeting about academic excellence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, super super short chapter, but straight to the point as it needed to be. Anyhow, check out my book; 'Golden Days'. I'm obsessed with writing it, and I should start updating regularly if anybody ends up liking it! So drop me some comments on what you think of this chapter, and that book, and i'll talk to you guys soon! ( cover of Golden Days Bellow!)

 I'm obsessed with writing it, and I should start updating regularly if anybody ends up liking it! So drop me some comments on what you think of this chapter, and that book, and i'll talk to you guys soon! ( cover of Golden Days  Bellow!)