Chapter 7

"We are who we choose to be." 
~Green Goblin, from Spider-Man

PAST-4
Kara's Pov
(Check 4 Esoteric to see the person portraying Kara)

"Ryan I will be going to school a bit early," I said.

"Okay, shall I drop you?" he asked.

"No need Aiden will pick me up," I replied.

"Going somewhere?" I heard his voice.

"Yes, just some just final touches on the project," I said.

"Isn't this Aiden trying to be popular?" he asked.

"What?"I asked being totally confused with his question.

"He is desperately trying to be with you to gain some popularity. Also he might have a chance to talk to us. Kara have you seen him nerd, week," Elijah said making me angry.

"What is your problem? Listen very carefully Elijah I will never listen to any nonsense you say to my friends. Have I made myself clear to you?" I said in an angry tone. Nobody except me can say anything to my friends.

Thump I heard a noise behind me, I turn to find Aiden standing there with water in his eyes.

"I-I have to uhh go," said Aiden.

"Aiden, Aiden listen to me," I was shouting while chasing him.

I have been searching Aiden for an hour, I have searched everywhere I can recall school, his house, our hangout location.

Aiden and I became friends through a project, he is kind, funny, attentive and an amazing friend. I would never think of him getting hurt.

"Kara, what happened? You didn't go to school?" asked Ryan.

"Ask your friend" I said gesturing towards Elijah.

"Truth is always bitter," he said emotionless.

"You like hurting people don't you?" I asked.

"What is that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"You know better," I said feeling sad. "An advice Elijah, think before you speak," with that said I walk towards my room.

Upon returning to my room I grabbed my phone to call Aiden but gets interrupted by a message. I open the message to see it's from Aiden.

Aiden: I am sorry Kara, I shouldn't have acted this way. Elijah is right I don't have courage to stand up for myself and that's why I am leaving you this message and not saying you face to face. Kara I have been planning to tell you that I will be going to California for a year. Do you remember the that director who came to our school? Well he asked me for an internship for an year. I will get schooling for a year over there. Maybe when I come back I will be different. I want to take this chance, and I will miss you a lot Kara. Also, I remember the promise I made Kara, I will definitely fulfill it. Kara for a year don't contact me and don't come looking for me, please respect this decision.
It is not a goodbye message Kara, just a see you soon message.

I didn't realise I was crying while reading the message. It takes a lot of courage to do something like this, I will miss him so much. I know I will be waiting for him.
************************************
Author's Note:
Guys, it's my second book I request you all to give it a try.
Guys, if you like my work do vote and comment.
You can also message me about your views and comments.
I don't own any photos it's from Google.
Do write your opinion to tell me & thanks for reading my work.
I won't keep it long and boring so tata