New School

Chapter 1 - New School

Bridgette's Pov

                     Today marks a new day in a new town for myself and my family. I was excited, but also nervous because due to some issues in my past, I had difficulties making new friends.

My mother informed me several times that everything would be alright, but I wasn't so keen on believing her so fast.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Bridgette Wilson and I'm just your average 19 year old delinquent teenager who hides her feelings by acting out and causing trouble to anyone who will take it.

I got kicked out of another school hence why me and my mother moved to Colorado, she easily got a good paying job here and she had some friends here as well.

As for me, this was all just a new experience for me, she made me vow to control my temper and to behave in school, let's just see how long it takes me before I break this promise.

''Bridgette! Wake up, you'll be late for school''

''I'm awake mom, calm down''

''Well get up and get dressed, we're leaving in twenty minutes''

I sighed and got up out of my bed, I looked at the pile of dirty clothes on the floor, because of my laziness and reluctance to do laundry, I had no clean clothes for today.

Not that I cared what I wore to school, but I wanted to at least look decent for the first day of school.

I looked in my suitcase (yes, I forgot to unpack the rest of my clothes) and saw some clothes that were sorta clean, not wanting my mother to come in here and harass me, I picked up a lime green long sleeve shirt, some black ripped jeans, and some green sneakers and started to get dressed.

''Bridgette! If you're not dressed in the next three minutes, I'm gonna come in there''

''Mom!, I'm almost done hold on''

I heard footsteps walking away from my door and I grunted, it's like she expects me to be dressed in the span of a minute.

If only my father was still here

My father and my mother got a divorce years back and I was sad at first, but then grew to resent my father, how could he leave me and my mother all alone in that shit town in New York?

I know they fought a lot, but that still shouldn't be a reason to leave her, do they not know that there's such a thing as therapy? I saw him a few times every month and each time that I saw him, he would always be with a new woman,

I questioned if the real reason why my parents divorced was because of the constant fighting that was going on or my father's love of women?

My mom would always brush it off whenever I asked her any questions about him and my dad would accuse me of always taking her side.

I added the last finishing touches on my outfit and put my hair back into a ponytail, not bothering to do it because I was hungry and I did not want my mom coming in here to yell at me for being late.

I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door, I smelled bacon, eggs, and some pancakes, my mouth watered and I ran down the stairs to see my mother sitting on the table reading a newspaper and sipping her coffee.

She heard my footsteps and looked up to smile at me,

''Oh sweetie, finally you're done, hurry up and eat breakfast because we have to go''

''Mom, the school is 5 minutes away, why can't I just walk?''

''Every time I let you go off by yourself somewhere, you always end up getting into some sort of trouble''