Chapter 17

"Oh Gundham... Why must you make things so difficult? I have no intention of hurting your precious Kazuichi. I just wish to speak with him." The princess was pulling the manipulating trick again, but to no surprise it had no effect the breeder.
He stood his ground and kept a close eye on her hand movement, waiting for her to pull out a weapon and smite at him.

Behind him was the pinkette, scared for his own but also Gundham's life. This wasn't Miss Sonia anymore. That person in front of them was a manipulative monster with a goal to hurt anyone who gets in her way.
"Kazuichi. Would you care to explain to Gundham that I'm not what he claims me to be. I'm your friend and I never did anything wrong to the both of you, you have to believe me." Sonia pouted and faked a frown. Gundham was quiet, still defending the pinkette and glaring the princess down.

Sonia sighed and the looked straight into Tanaka's eyes.
"Fine then. I thought we could've worked this out the good way. But since you don't want to cooperate... I'LL JUST HAVE TO CUT YOU TO PIECES!" A smile grew on her face as she pulled out an axe from behind her and swung towards the breeder. He pushed the pinkette away and dodged her attack. But what he didn't realize was, that Soda wasn't prepared on being pushed back so he hit the ground unprepared and blacked out.
"If you insist on acting like this I will not hesitate to fight back, princess." Tanaka surprisingly calmly warned the blonde. She chuckled before running at him again.
They kept on fighting, with her swinging her axe back and forward and Gundham dodging.
The whole time the princess had a smile plastered on her face as Gundham was trying to keep a straight one.

"What is it Tanaka? Where is that tough guy facade of yours now? You're shaking like a wet dog on the street!" The princess laughed and took another swing. By all her slashing she broke a few planks from the barn, cut open hay bales and even made holes in the ground.
"Sonia, I will not fight you unless I deem it necessary."
"Shut up you liar! If you make it out of here you'll get executed anyway, so I better finish you off now before that dammed bear does it for me!"
"You have no idea what you're saying. If I get executed you are going down with me! And so is everyone else!"
"So what!? At least I'll watch you suffer, and see life leave your pitiful eyes!"
Gundham was out of arguments. Was she really that determined to end his life? Didn't she love him? Why did Kazuichi have to get mixed up in this?

Soda slowly opened his eyes, adjusting to the sunlight before sitting up. Where was he? Where was Gundham?
"Gundham? What happened- Huh?"
As he turned around his eyes widened. Time froze, his thoughts were flushed away by utter fear.
A few feet away from him was Gundham, shocked written all over his face as pink spilled from his lips. Blood covered the axe as it gushed out from his chest as he trembled.
Soda could see the hamsters peeking out of his scarf and hiding immediately after they saw the princess laugh as she pulled the axe out of the breeder's chest.
"You got what you deserve Tanaka. If I can't have you nobody can."
Gundham stumbled a few steps back before dropping to the ground.

"No... No... NO! This can't be fucking happening! Gundham!" The pinkette screamed as he got up and ran to Tanaka.
He pushed the princess away and dropped to the ground next him and picking him up as good as he could with his one good arm.
"Gundham! You're gonna be fine, I'll get you help, don't worry."
"Kaz... You know h-how I said I'll p-protect you no matter what?" The breeder whispered out, trying to keep awake.
Soda sniffed before nodding.
"Well... I think... I fulfilled my promise... Don't you think.?"
"Of course you did. But, you can't leave me like that. I'll never forgive myself if you die just because you were trying to keep me safe." Kazuichi cried out.
"Don't blame yourself, Kaz. It was my decision and I couldn't be happier that I made it. But... I think..." Tanaka stopped and coughed, which led to blood rushing out his mouth.
"I love you... Kaz." He took one final breath before his body went limp and his heart made it's final beat.
"No. Please... You can't leave me yet! Please! Gundham!"
Kazuichi felt like the entire world crashed down on him in that very moment. Like a hundred of glass shards were buried deep into his flesh.
He lost the one person that he loved. That one person that made him feel safe and loved.

"Aww, how tragic is this stories end! Whatever shall I do now?" Thr pinkette heard a voice mock behind him. He turned around and saw Sonia laughing at them swinging her axe around.
"What's left for you now Kazuichi? You lost everything that mattered to you so I think there's no point in living don't you think? I might aswell finish you off while I'm here."

Kazuichi slowly put Gundham's body down and stood up. Was this it? Was this how he meets his demise?
He never thought he would go down in the way that he was about to. He tought that his death was gonna be a non painful one, where he just falls asleep and never wakes up. But this? He can't go out like that. Not for his sake and not for Gundham's either.

Before he knew it the princess came rushing at him with the axe. In the heat of the moment her trapped her and spun her around and threw her to the ground. As she feel she dropped her weapon and yelped in pain.
Kazuichi saw the axe and immediately picked it up. He went over to the princess and stood over her.
"This is for everything you've done, Sonia. For all those fake smiles and bullshit lies you've told me. And for betraying Gundham, I hope your corpse rots on the bottom of the fucking ocean!"
He swung the axe in the air before looking the princess in her eyes.
"H-hey... Come on now, Soda. Cut it out." The princess stuttered out.
Kazuichi didn't reply. He just gripped the axe tighter.
"Kazuichi? We're friends right?"
"SHUT UP!" the pinkette launched the axe directly into Sonia's chest as she let out a gasp and looked at him in horror. He pulled the axe out again before slashing into her again and again and again.
Kazuichi stopped after about 10 slashes and started to cry.
"I'm sorry, Miss Sonia. I'm sorry." He stumbled backwards and looked back at Tanaka who was still laying on the grass which was now stained pink.

To Soda's surprise his expression looked quite peaceful. Like all of the weight was lifted off his shoulders and he was finally free.
Kazuichi went over to him and gave a smile.
"I'll be with you soon. I love you." And those were his last words before he brought the axe to his throat and slicing it open.
He fell down right next to his love and managed to get a small grip on his hand before a big beam of light surrounded his vision and he took his final breath.

He was safe now. With Gundham, in a better place.

♤The End♧
___________________________________________
A/N:
So I hope you aren't to angry with me. I just never write sad endings and I wanted to spice things up a bit.
I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did writing it, and maybe I'll write more if I get an ideas.
Farewell, Mortals!