Chapter 9

Gundham and Mikan made it back to Soda's cottage. Gundham opened the door and Mikan followed him in, still crying.
"Please help him, Mikan mortal. I'm sorry I had to drag you here by force, but I need you to help him."
"But... I don't know what to do..." The nurse said as she looked at Soda who was lying on the bed, still as a statue.
"He needs your help, Tsumiki. Please!"
Gundham was desperate now. He would do anything to make sure that Soda survived. He was the only thing that kept him sane on this killing school trip on a abandoned island in the middle of nowhere.
"Please, Mikan! I'll do anything! I just need him to be safe! I need him to survive!"
Mikan looked up at Tanaka who was almost begging on his knees by now.
She let out a sigh and looked down.
"Fine... But I need m-my medical kit. It's i-in my c-cottage. If you could b-bring it to me, I'll fix him up."
"Yes! Of course I'll go get it right now!" Tanka said as he ran out to go to Mikans cottage.

Mikan decided it would be best to examine what type of injuries Kazuichi had, so when Tanaka was back she could fix him up right away.

"Oh my... This is definitely not good." She whispered to herself as she looked at what was left of Soda's arm.
After a few minutes Gundham came back with the medic kit.
"I'm back! I got it! Now, please help him!"
Gundham said as he handed Mikan the kit.

"Okay... I'll g-get started now." The nurse sighed as she started to treat Soda's wounds.

After about half and hour she bandaged up the final cut on his face. "He lost a lot blood. But l-luckly he'll recover. The arm is a bit of a problem tho... He w-will definitely n-need a prosthetic." Mikan explained as she went to the door.
"You should a-also get some sleep, Tanaka. You look l-like you need it."
"I'm fine... Do not worry about me. I'll stay with him."
Tanaka cut off the nurse, raising his hand in denial. She shrugged and left.

"You'll be fine, Kaz... I promise you that." Tanaka kneeled next to him and leaned in, giving him a small but sweet kiss on the forehead.
Then he sat on a chair that he pulled next to his bed and eventually passed out from exhaustion.