Chapter 12

Gundham couldn't believe what he was seeing. This was all a dream. It had to be.
"H-how are you... I-" He couldn't even speak or move at that very moment. Like he was turned to stone by those signature pink eyes.
"Kaz?"
Gundham jumped up from the floor and immediately ran to Soda and tackled him into a hug. He couldn't care less that he was crying more than before.
Kazuichi was alive and that's all that mattered.
"That kinda hurts y'know." Soda muttered out as he was being hugged.
Gundham stopped and they both sat on the sand and stared at eachother.
"I tought I lost you. Forever. You were dying, fading away by every second and I couldn't accept that." Gundham sobbed as he stared into Soda's eyes.
"I'm not gonna leave you. No matter what, I'll stay by your side forever." Kazuichi reassured Tanaka and pulled him into a hug. Gundham buried his face into the crook of the pinkette's neck and cried. Kazuichi didn't move a muscle. He just continued to hug him let him cry.
___________________________________________
After Tanaka calmed down a bit he pulled away and examined Kazuichi. He was covered in bandages, bruises and scars. But the worst part was his arm. The sheet that was covering it was already stained pink, which meant that he was still bleeding.
"How are you feeling?" Gundham asked as he held Soda's other hand, not wanting to let go.
"It hurts, bad. But I think I'll manage." Kazuichi muttered out as he looked at his arm.
"I'm so sorry I left you alone. I should've stayed with you." Tanaka couldn't help, but feel guilty. He blamed himself for what happened, and he was damn sure he will make it up to Soda.
"It's not your fault, Gundham. None of us knew that it would've come to this. You couldn't stop it. And I don't blame you for anything." Kazuichi gave him a small, but sincere smile and squeezed Gundham's hand tightly.

They stayed like that for a while before Gundham remembered something.
"Where's Chum-P?! I told him to come to me if anything happened!"
"Oh, about that. He was sleeping on my pillow when I woke up and I didn't wanna wake him up so..." Kazuichi lifted up his beanie and under there was a small orange hamster still peacefully sleeping, buried into his neon pink hair.
Kazuichi chuckled and looked back at Gundham who didn't seem quite happy with the hamster.
"I told him to keep an eye on you. He wasn't supposed to fall asleep!" Gundham exclaimed which made Soda laugh even more.
"Well I guess you shouldn't have given him such a boring job then." Soda laughed, which made Tanaka blush.
Soda was happy and that's all that mattered to him.