Chapter 4

"What? No apologies this time, Soda?" The princess laughed. Kazuichi didn't respond.
"Hey! Quit ignoring me, you-" Sonia stopped in her tracks as she heard a small sob from the pinkette. He slowly lifted up his head and looked up at the princess.
"Miss Sonia... Whatever you do to me... I'll endure it... Because I know that-"
"SHUT UP!" The blonde yelled as she kicked Soda in the chest.
Kazuichi gasped for air as he looked back up at the princess with a sad smile on his face.
"You're my friend... M-miss Sonia... And I-... I forgive you... No matter what...You do to me."
That was the last thing that escaped the pink haired boys mouth before his head dropped and he didn't move again.
Sonia stared down at him, with her smile slowly fading. Tears began to form and fall down her cheeks.
"Oh my God. What have I done? S-Soda? Please... I didn't mean to... I-" She ran away sobbing.
___________________________________________
It was now an hour since Kazuichi and Gundham were supposed to meet, and Tanaka was getting worried.
"Where is that pink mortal? He should've arrived an hour ago."
He decided that he should go look for Soda and see what was wrong that he didn't show up.

He made his way to Kazuichi's cottage, knocked on the door but nobody answered. "It seems he went out... But where too?"
He then remembered that they last saw eachother on the beach, and Tanaka decided to go look for him there.

He made his way around the island, walking towards the beach wondering where Soda was.
Gundham was still holding the gift for the pink haired boy, which was a bouquet of pink, white and purple flowers. "When I find him I'm gonna stuff his face with these damn flowers." Tanaka groaned as he was starting to step on the sandy beach.

As he was looking around he saw something that caught his eye. He turned his attention to it and started walking towards it when he realized that was a person. Laying in a pool of blood.
Tanaka's eyes widened as he noticed the signature pink hair and the bright yellow jumpsuit.
"Kaz?" He was frozen in place. Like time itself stoped at that very moment. How could've this happened? Who would do such a foul thing?
As the raven haired teen came back to reality, he dropped the flowers and ran over to Soda.
He picked him up in his arms and examined his body.

"Soda? Hey! Wake up! It's me... Gundham..." He tried to shake him awake, but the pinkette didn't budge.
"Come on now... Wake up, please! Soda!"
Gundham couldn't hold back tears anymore. He started to sob as he looked at Kazuichi.
"Come on, Mortal! Don't do this! Please! You can't leave me... You just can't... Please... Kaz... Please!"

As he buried his head into the crook of Kazuichi's neck he heard a small sob come out of the pinkette. He shoot his head up and let out a small gasp as Soda slowly opened his eyes.
"G-Gundham?"
"Yes, it's me, mortal. Don't worry you're gonna get help! I promise you." Gundham said, trying to stop himself from crying. As he looked back down at Soda he realized that he was crying too.
"Hey! What's wrong?" Tanaka asked.
"It's my fault... All of it." Kazuichi sobbed out.
Gundham just furrowed his brows in confusion.
"What's your fault? If you're saying that you getting hurt is your fault, you're sorely mistaken."
"But... I-I took you away from-" Soda stopped and looked up at Gundham.
"Miss Sonia... I-I did this to her... It's all my faul. If I-. I didn't take you away from her, she wouldn't feel like this."
Gundham was shocked. How could Miss Sonia do such a thing? Soda did everything for her and she tried to kill him? Why? Why her? Why Soda? Why me?

All those questions ran through Tanaka's head all at once. And he didn't have an answer for any of them.
He just stared down at Soda with a sad and guilty expression.
"How could've Sonia done this?" He asked.
"I told you... She l-loves you Gundham. And I took that away from her. She was right... I really am... Worthless." The pinkette cried.
"Do not dare say such things ever again, Kaz! It's not your fault, and It never will be!" Gundham hissed as he picked up Soda and started walking back to the hotel to find Mikan and the others.

If they don't make it in time, Tanaka was sure that he'll lose the person he cared about most.