Chapter XIV

3rd Person's Point of View

Flashback

Day of the Exhibit

After that painful last encounter with Mina, Chaeyoung felt so devastated to the point that she don't want to stay at the exhibit anymore. She just wanted to go home, be in her bed and just cover herself with her blanket and cry her eyes out.

Well, that was the plan until her professor called her with such an excited tone.

"Chaeyoung-ah where are you?" she didn't know why prof. Kim has to call now of all times. She's already getting ready to go home after bidding goodbye to Tzuyu and Nayeon.

"I'm here at the front gate, Prof." She heard a panick on the other line.

"Are you going home?!" Chaeyoung was about to curse for this unnecessary shouting but held it in. 

"Professor Kim Taeyeon can sometimes be so childish but she's a great mentor."   Chaeyoung kept on thinking this thought and calmed herself.

"I am about to, Prof. Is there something wrong?" 

"Oh, don't go home yet. Come back here for a moment. There is someone who wants to talk to you. This is big, Chaeyoung-ah. Hurry up!" Chaeyoung's heart raised and she sprinted back to the exhibit room like that one character 'the flash' would do.

CHAEYOUNG

I wonder what this "big thing" Prof. Kim is talking about but I found myself running like a pro because of the urgency in her voice. I just hope that thing is worth my run.

When I neared the exhibit hall, I saw Professor Kim waiting for me.

After catching my breath, I asked her what all this urgency is for.

"We have this visitor from Canada he's from Ontario College of arts and Design. A representative of their school and he wants to meet you after he saw your work." 

My eyes widen hearing this news. OCAD is a reputable art school in Canada and one of there representantive wants to meet me? That's insane! 

"Let's go, Chaeyoung-ssi."

-----------------------------------------

3rd Person's Point of View

(A/N: Conversations in Bold font= english, Italized font= Korean)

"Mr. Bradfort, sorry to keep you waiting. This  is  Miss Son Chaeyoung. The one who painted the exhibit's center piece." Prof. Kim said with much pride.

"Hello, Miss Chaeyoung. It's an honor to meet such great talent." 

"No sir, It's my pleasure to meet you." 

After the introduction, Mr. Bradfort didn't waste time and went straight to the point on why he wants to meet Chaeyoung.

"I'm very impressed with your painting, Miss Son. I heard from your professor here that this is a project based on something that brings happiness in you. I guess the lady on the painting is someone important to you?" 

Mr. Bradfort's question brought a smile on Chaeyoung's face. 

"Yes sir. This lady is my cousin. We're very close. She's like a big sister to me. Whenever she smile I also can't help but smile along with her. She has a very positive aura that's why I chose to paint her. I want to share the happiness she gave me to anyone whose looking at this painting too." The sincerity in Chaeyoung's eyes seemed to capture the attention of the Canadian visitor. In short, he became interested in Chaeyoung's art even more after seeing the value of the painting in her eyes.

"Very well, Miss Son. Anyway, let me get straight to the point."  Mr. Bradfort said as Chaeyoung and Prof. Kim awaits for his next words.

"I was really captivated the second I looked at your painting and much more after hearing the explanation behind it. So, I'm here to offer something and I hope you'll consider it."

Chaeyoung looked at her professor and earned a nod.

"What is it, sir?" Chaeyoung asked excitedly that made Mr. Bradfort chuckled.

"Well, you have great potential, Miss Son. I'd like to offer you to become an exchange student at our university. In there, you will be taught by one of the best professionals in the field of art and also you'll have your own studio to focus on your art and you'll be guided by great mentors on which art you want to pursue. If you decided to stay later on, you can also participate in the annual gallery project of the university and will have an opportunity to be featured on one of our alumni's gallery collection which will be televised worldwide. I believe you know Mr. Michael Snow?"

Hearing that name both Chaeyoung and her professor's eyes widen. 

Michael Snow is known for his portraits that mainly centered on human interactions and children. He is a well-known painter and a public figure too.

If she played her cards right she could be mentored by Michael Snow in the future and become influential in the field of arts.

Such a great opportunity for a girl who loves art so much.

With determined eyes and an approval by her professor, Chaeyoung shook the hands of the Canadian visitor without second thought.

"It's my pleasure to be chosen by you, Mr. Bradfort."

-----------------------------------------------

CHAEYOUNG

This is like hitting two birds with one stone. 

I get a chance to improve my art and also a chance to heal my heart.

The only problem now is... 

How am I gonna tell Tzuyu and the rest about my sudden departure?

-----------------------------------------------

Back to Present

CHAEYOUNG

As  i looked back at my friends waving goodbye, I can't help but become tearful.

I ended up not telling them that it's not just a month but 2 years to be exact. 

"I'm sorry guys. I needed to go to forget. I'll be back with a much stronger version of myself. I promise."

-------------------------------------------------

TZUYU

"Why do I feel like Chaeng won't comeback?" I heard Sana unnie saying.

"Let's just wait for her." I said and side hugged this crying squirrel.

Take all the time you needed, buddy. Come back to us whenever you're ready. For now, yourself is your first priority. Goodluck in your journey my dear friend.

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: Ontario College of arts and design is an existing university in canada I just googled it so...haha. Also, Michael Snow is a real person also in the field of art but I don't know if he paints really.I just like his name so I used him. I hope no one is offended by me using his name or something like that. hehe. 

Have a great day guys and thanks for the support

Dont forget to vote~ thank you~