CHAPTER II

Flashback

Chaeyoung's POV

I woke up with a bright smile on my face, I looked at the time on my phone, 5:30 am, too early. Class starts at 8:00 and it's just a 30 minute ride to school. But regardless of the time, I got off from bed and took a shower and ate my breakfast. By the time I was done, it's just 6:30. I went to grab my bag and sketch pad, yelled bye to mom and went off.

By 7:00 am I get off from the bus and walked towards the university. After a 10- minute walk I can already see the school's main gate.

But someone caught my attention, two people talking to each other. I recognized the guy, Bambam, the school's ultimate heartthrob as everyone called him. He was facing my way while the girl he's with is back facing me. But still, I recognize her just on how she stand there. The girl, Myoui Mina, my ex-girlfriend.

Bambam was making faces causing Mina to laugh at him. I don't know why but after seeing that my mood turned upside down. I continued walking while hanging my head low. Soon I was in front of my classroom. I slumped on my chair and heaved a heavy sigh. "Way to start the day" I thought.

End of Flashback

I was brought back from my thoughts when the bus arrived. I immediately went up and sat on the seat. Soon enough it was my stop. I climbed off and walk my way home.

I was in front of our door when I heard laughter inside. Thinking it's just one of my mom's neighbor friends, I walk my way in and hung my head low. I'm not in the mood to socialize. I was a few more steps towards the stairs going to my room when our dog, kookoo, barked. "Great!" I thought.

"Dear? Is that you?" mom asked

"Yes mom, it's me" I answered.

"Can you come here a second? Someone wants to see you." She continued.

"Okay mom"

And so I went to the kitchen where I saw my mom cooking. She's with a girl whom I couldn't recognize. She's quite familiar but her face still couldn't ring a bell to me.

"Who is she mom?" I pointed to the girl beside mom

"oh dear, can't blame you if you couldn't recognize her"

"huh?" I said confused

The girl chuckled and said "it's been ten years since I last saw you my little cub" she looked at me and smiled.

My eyes grew wider when I heard the word cub. There's just one person who calls me that...

"Nayeonie?!... is it really you?!" I asked with a little bit of excitement

"There you go. Can I get a hug cubbie?" she gestured for me to hug her and I happily obliged.

Nayeon unnie or what I called her "Nayeonie" is my cousin on my mother's side. She's four years older than me and is already working as a ceo in her father's airline company.

It's been ten years since I last saw her that's why I can't quite recognize her since I was just 10 back then. We were close before but we lost contact because she went to America to continue her studies.

Enough of that, I was really happy to see her again.

I was brought back to my senses when nayeonie spoke,

"You seemed to be really happy to see me, cub. I'm glad" she smiled

"Of course I'm happy unnie. It's been so long. By the way unnie, not to sound rude but why the sudden visit? Aren't you busy with work?" I said

"Well..." she paused and looked at mom. "Our airline company is merging with another airline company here in Korea."

"That's great then unnie!" I beamed excitedly.

"well yeah... but in order for that to happen... I have to be engaged with their child in return"

"WHAT?! But unnie..." I said totally sadden about what I heard

"don't worry cub, that's why I'm here, so I can talk to their child and talk about things." She said smiling

"you're okay with it unnie?" I asked. Nayeonie nodded and said "it's better than marrying someone like that jerk JB right?" she joked.

Well maybe she's right. It's better than that jerk of an ex-boyfriend Nayeonie had. I just hope that person will treat unnie right. I thought

I didn't say anything and just hug unnie.

After that talk Nayeonie left the house and went to her own condo. I went to my room had a bath and went to bed early. Too much happenings today. I was exhausted that I fell asleep so fast.