Pt.35 Sharp tongue

Chapter 35

Ella reached across the bed in search of her mate. When her fingers turned up empty, she opened one eye and looked for him.

"Max?" Ella called to him, half asleep.

When Maksim didn't answer her, she turned around and picked up her head.

"Max?" Ella called his name again.

"I'm in here, Ell," Maksim called from the living room.

Ella sighed as his voice made her feel warm and fuzzy. She rolled onto her back and slowly sat up. Holding the sheets over herself she swung her legs over the side and slowly stood up. Ella caught her reflection in the mirror as she picked up Maksim's shirt and pulled it over her naked body. Her hair was a mess and her cheeks were flushed. She quickly ran her hands through her hair to try and tame it when she noticed the dark blue and purple marks on her neck and shoulder. Taking a step closer to the mirror, Ella touched the hickies on her skin. She bit down on her lips to keep in a laugh as she remembered the night before.

Maksim was on the phone as Ella walked into the living room. He looked up and immediately smiled. Ella let her eyes run over his bare chest as she took the hand he held out for her. Maksim pulled her closer and sat her down on his lap. He listened to the other person on the line as he pressed his lips to her cheek.

"Yes, I follow," he said to the person as he ran his nose along Ella's face. "No, don't worry about that."

Ella felt her heart flutter as his breath tickled her. She leaned into him and lowered her head on his shoulder as Maksim held her with his arm around her waist.

"How soon can you have this ready?" Maksim asked.

Ella heard the voice of a man on the other line but she couldn't make out what they were saying. She patiently waited as Maksim focused on the conversation and sighed.

"Alright, I think everything you're saying works out. Let me know when everything is ready."

And with that Maksim hung up the phone and pulled Ella closer.

"Good morning, kitten," he whispered into her ear.

"Good morning," Ella dug herself farther into his arms. She picked up her legs and brought them to her chest. Maksim cradled her and kissed her forehead as his hands traced circles on her legs.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her.

"Fine......just a bit tired."

"Sorry for keeping you up so late,"

"I didn't say I minded," Ella blushed.

"I love you so much," Maksim placed his hand under her chin and lifted her face. He spread his hand over her cheek before leaning forward and kissing her. "You complete me."

"I love you too," Ella smiled into the kiss.

"You look breathtaking in my shirt," Maksim looked down. "But I think my favorite is when you wear nothing at all."

Ella pulled herself back and looked into his eyes. The brown in them were almost gone as his pupils dilated. Ella placed her hands on his shoulder and swung her legs on either side of him. Maksim's hands slid down from her arms to her hips as she picked up the hem of the shirt she was wearing and pulled it over her head.

"Better?" Ella asked as Maksim watched her sitting naked on his lap.

"Much better," he said, his voice deep and sexy as he leaned forward and placed a kiss on the center of her chest. "I want more."