Chapter 16

3rd person's POV:

After the break, we find the stadium filled to the brim once again with our finalists standing tall facing one another.

Naruto holds out his hand, "To a good fight."

"To a good fight." She replies grabbing his hand as they both jump back.

"If both fighters are ready... HAJIME!"

Naruto flashed through handsigns, "Suiton: Suiryudan! (Water style: Water Dragon Bullet!)" He cried out as a large dragon of, you guessed it, water erupts from the ground.

Gammy, not yet knowing that water was the worst element against her, artempted to block it... obviously, bad idea.

The water dragon rammed into the wall of sand, wetting it and making it soggy as it plopped onto the ground as the dragon continued to make its way towards her.

It slammed into her as she groaned frok pain as she was hit directly by the dragon and sent flying towards the wall before her sand came up behind her to prevent her from hitting said wall.

Gammy who had been making herself alot more sand by utilizing the minerals in the ground decided that she had enough and sent a tsunami of sand towards our blonde hero from all sides.

The sand began closing in on him as he took a page from his old 'sensei's' book and used, "Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu! (Earth style: Double decapitation suicide!)" As he sank into the ground.

By the time he had done it, the sand had already closed in on him making a sort of compact pyramid where he once stood.

Suddenly, within the arena, wind began to swirl around the area as leaves were blown around in a circular motion.

From within the cyclone, two figures could be seen.

"Are we late?" Said the taller figure who, as the cyclone died down, could be identified as Kakashi and the smaller figure next to him as Sasuke.

"YES NOW GET THE FUCK OUT THE FINALS ARE IN PROGRESS YA LAZY BUM!" Yelled Anko from the Jonin's area.

The crowd roared with laughter as Sasuke attempted to glare at everyone in the stadium at once but, obviously, failed so he opted to glare at the person who 'caused' this, his sensei.

"Wait really? Well Sasuke, seems you were wrong. They didn't wait for you."

"How dare you! I'm an Uchiha elite! I bet more than half the stadium came here just to see me fight! I dema-" he was yelling at the proctor before he was cut off by the secy and single snake mistress of Konoha who had a kunai aimed at his neck and a snake at his 'little Sasuke'.

"You demand nothing. You best shut up 'fore we have ourselves a merry little problem." She said unsettlingly cheerily as the snake inched ever so slightly closer.

Sasuke gulped as the kunai at his throat began to draw blood.

He involuntarily swallowed his pride and muttered, "Excuse-"

"No no no! Ugh! Now you're supposed to go 'Who DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! UNHAND ME WHORE! I'M AN UCHIHA ELITE YOU NOBODY!' And then I get to take you to the T&I department for insubordination!" She yelled out in frustration before giggling creepily.

"Alright thats enough Anko." Said Kakashi.

"But I haven-" She was cut off by Kakashi grabbing Sasuke's shoulder and shunshinning away.

The crowd calmed down and refocused on the battle as Anko retirned to her previous spot and some people began to worry seeing as the blond had seemingly disappeared.

'I-I didnt k-ki-kill him... right? No... No! NO! NO!' "NO!" She growled out as a large sphere of sand began to encase her before she was pulled down into the ground, her head alone sticking out as Naruto popped up in the place where she once stood.

"Heh, did ya miss me?" He smirked.

The proctor who was about 5 seconds from calling the match by impromptu death returned to his post.

"Kirigakure no jutsu. (Hidden Mist technique.)" He whispered out as the entire are become foggy and the ground moist.

Gammy then tried to use her sand but it  turned to dirt the moment it escaped the ground from the moisture in the air.

It was clear that Gammy could no longer use her sand and that, sadly, being her only real power meant that there was nothing more she could do as Naruto muttered an apology to her as he knocked her out.

"30, 29, 28, 27, [...], 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. And the winner of the Chunin exams tournament by incapacitation is N-" he was cut off by a random ninja who handed him a piece of paper, muttering something in his ear as his eyes went wide when he looked at the paper.

Th-The winner of the Ch-Chunin exams t-tournament is... Uzumaki Namikaze N-Naruto!" The crowd was silent for a moment.

... Before shit hit the fan.

The crowd became split in about three parts, one part, comprised mainly of native civilians and a handful of lower rank ninja raging for the death of the 'demon'.

The second, mostly non natives and a alot of native Shinobi that were satisfied with the outcome of the fight and the last part being composed of the Iwa and Kumo nins who were not happy seeing that the person who caused them such difficulties had a son that not only they didn't know of but, was a Suna-nin?

Naruto, having had enough of the people yelling at him decided to bow in the direction where there were the most people that praised him, pulled Gammy out of the ground, carrying her on his back, piggyback style and going baci up to the competitors booth to Temari and Shikamaru.

When he got up there, he was smiling brightly as he gave Shikamaru a hi five and Temari a hug.

They congratulated him as he bashfully rubbed the back of his head with a knocked out Gammy snuggling into his back while nuzzling her face with his.

He blushed lightly and suppressed the urge to purr as he tried to pass Gammy over to Temari but her iron grip refused to allow said transfer.

They started chatting before Naruto was called down to grab his reward as winner.

His reward was a scroll with one A rank jutsu of each of the 5 main elements.

He bowed as he grabbed the scroll.

He pocketed the scroll and nearly immediately after, an explosion from five different points of the walls of Konoha rocked the village.

It was an invasion, the five group led by the sound four plus one, Jirobo, Kidomaru, Sakon and Ukon, Tayuya and Kimimaro.

The odd thing was... it wasn't just the Hidden Sound... the Hidden Rock seemed to have joined them...

(I added the countdown thing as a little tidbit so basically it something that happens only for the finals to ensure that the fight us as entertaining as possible and gives the contestants as much time as possible to prove themselves.