Chapter 13

Timeskip: A month later.

Naruto's P.O.V.:

I went to the stadium, standing in the middle of it, the participants space.

Standing next to me were the 7 other genin that managed to make it this far.

I stood there for a second before realizing that someone was missing.

'Oh yeah the duckbutt prick of course he's late.' I thought to myself before looking up at the spectator area.

I smiled to myself seeing Narumi and Haku staring straight back at me.

I pointed a thumbs up in their direction before refocusing on what the proctor had to say.

"Citizens, shinobi and daimyo, we are all here to view and decide whether these 9 ge-" he got cut off as a random shinobi jumped down from the kage booth and whispered into his ear.

"Sorry about that so as I was saying, to see these 8 genin fight for their right to become chunin. One person is disqualified though."

The crowd began murmuring considering the possibilities as what the proctor said next shut them up.

"The one disqualified is Sasuke Uchiha as he apparently has better things to do then to get promoted. This alone shows how little he cares so why should we."

The crowd had mixed reactions. Most of them roaring in disapproval at not seeing their 'oh so precious' Uchiha fight and some silent and conflicted, feeling the same as the others but knowing what they're doing is the best thing to do.

"Alright then so here are the matchups." Said the proctor holding up a very large roster with a large font so even the crowd could read.

On the roster, the matchups went as such:
Shino Aburame VS Kankuro
Gaara Uzumaki VS Shikamaru Nara
Naruto UNS VS Hinata Hyuga
Yugito Nii VS Temari

I let a demonic grin slip out, allowing it to grace my face as I saw Hinata looking smugly at me.

I started to think about how bad she'd be beaten, giggling creepily as she flinched.

"Alright. You know who you're fighting. 1st match, Shino VS Kankuro. Everybody else, to the contestant's booth.

I grabbed Gammy and Temari's hands before we disappeared in a fire shunshin into the contestants booth.

Eventually, everyone else got here and the battle began.

3rd Person's POV:

Kankuro wasted no time pulling out his puppet knowing that with enough time Shino, having probably studied him due to the chance of them matching up in a fight, would have a counter for him.

He moved his fingers around, making his puppet move very fluidly, it crashed into Shino as he dissipated into hundreds of bugs.

Kankyro looked around alarmed. 'When did he have time to make that clone?' He thought to himself distraught.

"Show yourself!" He yelled.

He discretely twitched his other hand allowing the secret project he had been working on to come to life. Suddenly, at least 100 small wooden dogs poofed into existance from a scroll that Kankuro pulled out of his ninja pouch.

"Heh didn't think I'd have to show this so early on." He said smirking.

Shino was suddenly blasted into the air as an explosion rocked the area.

"Puppet Manipulation: Art of the 100 exploding puppets!" Kankuro yelled as out his hiding place, Shino was left wide open.

His puppets, one after the other latched onto shino until shino was covered in about 25 of them.