IX

"Oh hi, thanks for checking in but im still a piece of garbage."

Karmi POV

"You know, you could have gone with Alibaba and Sinbad. Aladdin would have been safe with just us two." Ja'far spoke out through the quiet room, he walked over so he was standing next to me, much to my annoyance.

Rolling my eyes, I didn't bother to look at the man as I repeated my reason for not going, "I didn't see the point, all they are gonna do is talk with the King. No need for someone like me to be there. Besides, it would make more sense for the two of you to go." Turning I looked up at the white haired man with a smug smile on my face, "Shouldn't you two guard dogs be with your master, isn't he defenseless without his djinns?"

Ja'far's face twisted into an angered one as he grabbed my cheeks in a painful grip, "You brat," He growled out squeezing the sensitive skin even tighter. "Sinbad is perfectly fine on his own. Even without his weapons he's plenty strong."

I let out a few yelps of pain as the freckled man continued to abuse my face. "Hey old man it hurts, you're ruining my handsome face yanno."

"Handsome my ass, and who are you calling old?! I'm a few years older than you are!"

"Yeah, a whole 10 years."

Before our fight could escalate we were both pulled apart and raised into the air by Masrur. I tried to wiggling out of his hold only to give up after noticing the bigger man didn't even budge at my efforts.

Letting out a huff, I was about to curse the two out when an uneasy feeling stopped me. Growing still, I looked off into the direction the nasty feeling was coming from, noticing it was in the direction of the palace.

The feeling set off a few alarms, enlightening my fight or flight response. Whatever it is that caused such a bad energy couldn't have been good. And if it is what I think it is, then this whole city could go down in flames in no time.

As if sensing my unease, the red haired giant let me down without a word. As soon, as my feet touched the ground, I rushed over to Aladdin.

"W-wait what are you doing?" The woman whose name I didn't bother to remember asked. Ignoring her, I grabbed a large close and began to wrap it around Aladdin. "You shouldn't move him around too much, he only just got color back onto his skin."

"Yeah? Well it's gonna disappear again soon if I dont get him somewhere safe. Even if you can feel it I'm sure you can hear them." I spoke to the woman, I know Masrur and Ja'far understands the situation as the two were already stiff as if they were preparing for battle.

"What do you mean-" The woman never got the chance to finish her question as a loud scream cut her off. The woman flinched back at the sound, worried, gracing her face as she glanced out the window.

With her out the way, I quickly wrapped up Aladdin before thinking of a way to get us both out of town fast and unnoticed.

"Karmi, Im trusting them to you. Masrur and I will head over to the palace." I didn't bother responding as I was too busy planning an escape for us.

Looking up, I saw the woman still staring out of the window in horror, scowling. I stood up and quickly pulled her away. "Don't stand in the window like that, you're asking to be found."

"A-ah, sorry."

Chewing on my lip, I continued to think. Even with my djinns, I'd only be able to escape alone which was out of the question. There's no way i can leave those two alone here defenceless, the old hag will nag me for centuries in the afterlife if i do.