V

"Hi, welcome to pizza hut. Let me guess, pizza?" 

Karmi POV

Walking around Balbadd was a nightmare. Everywhere you looked there was at least some form of poverty. As we were walking through the shopping center you could see some kids begging for food only to be ignored. I frowned as I looked over the children, they were unhealthily skinny and their clothes were dirty and in tatters. 

Seeing a noble kick back a small boy begging for food, I parted from the group and walked over. Reaching the stand I looked over the stand, the food on it didn't even look all that fresh yet the prices were over the top. Noticing me, the plump merchant walked over to me as he stood behind the stand, "Welcome good sir, see anything you like?" 

I was about to say no when the same boy from earlier tapped my leg, looking down at him I saw him reaching out his hand in a grabbing motion, "Can I have some money, please?" The merchant looked at the boy in disgust before walking around the stand and kicking him away. 

"You filth, don't touch him! I thought I told you to go away, you're bad for business." The merchant reached his hand back to slap him but I quickly grabbed his hand to stop him. 

"Hey you fatty, don't you know it's bad to hit children?" I hissed out, throwing his hand in the opposite direction causing him to stumble back from the force. 

His face grew red from anger but I could care less. Looking down at the shaking boy, I reached down to help him up only for him to flinch back in fear. Frowning, I waited for him to calm down a bit before slowly touching his head, "Hey, it's okay, I wont hurt you." Hearing my words, the boy slowly looked up at me, his eyes were glassed over with unfallen tears. 

"Really? A lot of people say that then change their minds later." I clenched my hand at his words. 

Shaking my head, I gave him a small smile, "I'm not like them, only cowards and weaklings beat on those who are weaker than them. It's no fun if the opponent can't hit back." The boy laughed as I whispered the last part. 

Smiled before standing back up and looking around, some of the people were glancing at us but I couldn't care less as I leaned down to grab the boys boney hand, "I'm Karmi by the way, what's your name?" 

"Angel, big bro said Mama named me that because I fell from heaven to bless her, but now because I fell she had to go up and take my place." He looked saddened at the last part but it wasn't for long as he perked back up. "Anyway, can you buy us some food mister, you seem really rich and strong." 

I was about to tell him that I had planned to when his words finally clicked, "Us?" As soon as I said that, a group of kids wondered out the alleyway nearby. There was at least five of them not including Angel. 

They all surrounded me as they looked up at me with big, pleaing eyes. "Please, we are all orphans and no one else is gonna help us. But you're different, most wouldnt even talk to us but you did." Angel spoke up, grabbing my right hand. 

"Yeah, you even saved him from getting beat up by the meanie fatty." One of the girls in the group said the other began to compliment me as well. 

"Fuckin' hell, fine, fine whatever." I finally broke as the children let out cheers before attempting to pull me in all types of directions. I was most likely to be broke after all this but based off the way the children where smiling so big I couldn't help but not to care. A new ring or two could wait. 

After buying all the children three food items of their choice each, they thanked me before running off to wherever they were staying. Looking into my wallet, I saw I only had three silver coins left. Shaking my head, I began to walk off in a random direction, I had lost the others long ago and had no idea where they were.