XI

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

Karmi POV

"It smells like bitch out here." I yelled out upon walking into the sitting area, falsely sniffing the air and scrunching up my nose in disgust to prove my point.

Ja'far, hearing my words, let out growl as he turned around to glare at me. However, before I could soak in the accomplishment of annoying the freckled man, his scowl turned into a polite smile, "Do you need something, Karmi?"

Hearing his honey laced voice annoyed me, how dare he brush off my insult!

Clicking my tongue, I flopped down on the sofa beside Masrur, Hinahoho following behind me and taking a seat beside Ja'far after greeting the short male.

"Shouldn't you two be out doing some exercises or something?" Ja'far spoke, an eyebrow raised as he looked between Hinahoho and me.

Hearing this, Hinahoho let out a laugh, "We would but Karmi refuses- "

"Hell, yeah I refused!" I exclaimed, standing up so quickly I saw the usual stone like Masrur flinch briefly, "I went to the physician and she said I'm just a few pounds over the average weight, so like any normal person- "

"I highly doubt the next words that come out of your mouth will be normal."

I glared at the red-head next to me before continuing my story, "I used my heat magic to burn off a few pounds, now I'm in a healthy weight range, sure I may not have abs anymore but those are overrated. Lot's of people don't have abs, Ja'far the stickman doesn't, and he's been doing just fine so why would I need them?"

Ja'far didn't show any signs that he cared about my insult, instead he turned towards the blue haired giant, who nodded to confirm my story, before letting out a sigh and standing up. "Whatever, I'll let Sinbad know that your goal was met." And with that, he walked out the room, Masrur following him suspiciously.

Seeing this, I squinted my eyes at the door that they disappeared behind. Those two sure are close, I wonder...

Raising my arms, I swat away the thought cloud that formed, ignoring Hinahoho's looks of confusion. Sighing, I placed a hand on the Bast's choker, feeling it heat up slightly at the touch. "I'm so bored, Aladdin and the others are off doing who cares what, Sinbad is busy, Ja'far and Masrur are probably ding the deed in the restroom- "

"Pardon me?"

"Hmm, maybe I should go off and capture another dungeon- "

"Hold on Karmi- "

"Yeah, I'll capture one and return before Aladdin and the others finish training." I ignored the hand of Hinahoho who tried to grab me and quickly walked out of the room to search of Sinbad, the heavy footsteps of Hinahoho following closely behind.

It didn't take long to find the purple haired man. He was walking down the carrier with Morgiana and Alibaba. Speed walking, I caught up to the small group in no time, stopping Sinbad in his tracks.

A look of surprise crossed his face before a smile replaced it, "Ah, Karmi, I was just about to go grab you. We were about to head down to the docks to welcome Hakuryu Ren, he's- "

"The fourth prince of the Kou Empire, no thank you." I held up a hand, quickly finishing his sentence. "I'll pass on that meeting, anyways I came to ask to borrow a boat."

Sinbad's smile didn't budge as he tilted his head in confusion, "May I ask why?"

Before I could answer, Hinahoho responded, his large hand resting on my head, "Karmi finished the task you gave him and out of boredom he wants to capture another dungeon."

I tried to move the large mans hand off my head, but it was a pointless task, Hinahoho didn't have my head in a tight grip or anything but he applied enough pressure to make it difficult.

"What? Don't you already have two, why would you want or need another one." Alibaba asked, disbelief in his voice as he stepped in front of me. "You've been in two already, you should know how dangerous they are."

Giving up on removing Hinahoho's hand, I looked straight at Alibaba, "That's why I wanna go. Just knowing you could die anytime in the dungeon makes my heart race, The games, the courses, the riches, the knowledge. I'm not asking for someone to tag along, I just wanna go on an adventure. I already have a dungeon in mind, it's not that far just about a half day's sail." Looking away from the blond, I focused my attention on Sinbad, "I'm not asking you if I can go Sinbad, even if you say no to the ship, I could still find other ways to go. This isn't a question; this is an announcement. I am not a citizen of Sinhra, nor am I a wanted man as I was pardoned. I'm free to do as I wish."

"Alright, you can go."

"I just told you! Even if you say...wait you said I can go?" I blinked owlishly at the still smiling man.

"Wait, you're letting him?" Alibaba asked at the same time.

At least, the hand on my head vanished only to be replaced by a slightly smaller one, Sinbad's hand, "I don't see why not, as long as you promise not to do anything too reckless and take someone with you. Don't worry about choosing who, I'll find someone." I nodded, opting not to say anything in fear of having the boat taken away. Although I said I could find another way, one of Sinbad's boats would be the best way honestly, "Also, mind if I ask which Dungeon you'll be capturing?"

"Oh, um I believe it's the 23rd dungeon." I answered.

Sinbad nodded his head before looking up at the clock on the wall, "We can continue this conversation later," The hand he had on my head was placed back by his side. "You don't have to meet Ren if you don't want to, but Hinahoho's presence will be needed. Stay out of trouble Karmi." And with that the purple haired man walked off, Morgiana and Alibaba following him after bidding me goodbye. Hinahoho doing the same with a ruffle of my hair and a repeated, "Don't cause trouble."

I rolled my eyes at the absolute lack of trust the two had in me. I can't remember the last time I had gotten in trouble or had done anything bad.

A spark of heat followed by a pull in the back of my mind was felt as Bast called out to speak of me, "Exactly, but since you're free would you like to spar? It's been a while since you let us out to stretch."

The feeling of being called was felt once more, but this time a spark tingled up my ear as Eboni spoke, "Stretch what Moron? We don't have physical bodies. Although it would be nice to see sometime other than darkness once in a while."

Heeding their requests, I began to walk towards the gardens, "Fine, just for a half an hour okay? I don't feel like being scolded for scaring the staff with giant blue 'ghost' as they say." At my words, the tingly feeling in my ear and on my neck sparkled happily before dying down to nothing more than a after feeling.

The gardens were slightly smaller than the open fields I was used to, but they'll surface regardless. Letting my djinn's out for a bit will be good for all three of us and I mean, what could possibly go wrong. 

+++

It's been a while since I updated this book, hopefully y'all aren't too mad. 

~Lilah