I

"Fuck ya chicken strips."

Karmi's POV

"Karmi! Leave the child alone or I'll tell Baba you're threatening them again." Ola yelled while rushing over towards me, snatching away the crying child that I was just yelling at.

"It's not a threat if its the truth, Ol," Rolling my eyes I bent down so I was at eye level with the now sniffling child, "Jorden, if you touch the fruits I've hidden one more time I will have Maari toss you into outer space where you will suffocate on the nonexistent oxygen they have up there. " At my words the boy start to cry once again, much louder this time. 

"Karmi! What have I told you about scaring the children." Whipping my head around, I was met with the frowning face of Grams, she wasnt really my grandma just a hella kind old woman who took me in. Even so, I hated to see a frown adore her already wrinkled face. 

I felt my ever permanent frown disappeear and instead being replaced by one of guilt. I never liked it when she was mad at me, it always pulled at my heart strings when she was. So, swollowing my pride I decided to get rid of her frown by apologizing to the brat. Immediantly after his tears stopped and his eyes lit up, jumping out of Ola's arms he ran over and hugged me. "No, Im sorry. I should have never ate your fruits, MiMi." I wanted to yell at him for calling me that cursed nickname. 

For some reason, all the children and elders in the clan would call me by that nickname. I tell them to stop and call me by my birthday name but they never do, knowing full well I cant really go through with my threats without upsetting Grams. 

So instead of telling off the small brown haired boy, I let out a 'tsk' before patting his head, not saying anything, just awkwardly petting him. Almost like you would to and upset puppy or something. 

It seemed my silent words got through to him, because after one more smile he let go and ran off. Most likely to play with the other kids. Once he was gone, I looked over at Grams, "Happy now?" I asked, hands on my hips as I looked down at her. 

Much like the boys, as soon as I spoke her frown did a complete 180 before a huge smile was streatched across her face, "Very much," She nodded, I rolled my eyes only to get hit by her cane. 

Rubbing the spot I let out a loud, very manly yelp, "Ouch, do you abuse all the kids in this clan?" Another smack was delevered onto my surely bruised leg. 

"No, just this disobdiant child. Words dont seem to get through you so I have no choice but to get physical." She laughed out, pouting I let out a huff just as I was about to speak up again Toya ran towards the three of us, panic laced in her voice.  "Baba, you must come theres an emergency." 

Nodding, the old woman began to hurry behind her granddaughter. Since the brunnettes words worried me, I rushed after the two, reaching up to make sure I was still wearing my metel vessels just in case it was an enemy. 

We rushed towards the tent that the hostpital was located in. Moving back the curtians after Grams and Toya, I looked around in alarm before my eyes landed on a small, unconsious blue haired boy. 

Sighing, I allowed my shoulders to drop and let go of the tension that was stiffening them. Seeing no danger, I turned and glared at Toya who flashed me a sheepish smile.

Rolling my eyes at her, I paid attention as Grams checked over the boy. After a few minutes she told the two of us he was fine just unconscious. "He'll be waking soon, Toya go fetch him some water please." Nodding, the Brown eyed girl rushed out of the tent and toward the water mill I'm guessing.

After she left, Grams got to work on making the boy some soup for him to eat upon awakening. I helped, passing her the ingredients she would need for the next steps and helping her when she forgets a step.