xxi. HER RETURN, part 2

JACQUELINE WAVERLY DIDN'T EXPECT to be back in the academy so soon, but she was a girl on a mission

JACQUELINE WAVERLY DIDN'T EXPECT to be back in the academy so soon, but she was a girl on a mission. walking through the halls, jackie could feel her heartbeat increase as her nerves ran wild. through the madness of this all, one thing was for certain: she liked prudence.

the brunette stopped in her tracks as she saw nicholas scratch sitting by the sculpture of the dark lord, reading a book. then everything hit her, she wasn't there for nick anymore. she would be coming to the academy of unseen arts for prudence. nick scratch could feel that someone was looking at him. his brown eyes flickered to glance up at the person. his eyes set their focus on jacqueline waverly. he felt his heart sink, he knew why she was there.

nick lifted up his hand and gave a wave to jackie. the fact that he was giving her a warm welcome provided her with the reassurance that she needed. a small smile worked its way onto her face and she gave him a wave back.
nicholas looked towards his right, seeing prudence and her disciples following behind her. as he looked back at jacqueline, he motioned his head to the right, signaling prudence's whereabouts.

before she started to walk over to her new fate, jackie offered a final nod to nick. he smiled and went back to reading his book. jacqueline waverly was beyond nervous at that point, she stood in the middle of the hall and waited for prudence to notice her. agatha raised an eyebrow before pointing out jacqueline's presence.
"oh look, it's hermione." agatha folded her arms over her chest.

prudence's eyes lit up as her gaze met jackie's. jacqueline beamed a smile at prudence, waving her hand.
"i'll catch up with you guys later, i have to talk to jackie." prudence shooed the girls away.
agatha and dorcas were skeptical, but listened to prudence.

"can we talk?" jackie asked, nodding her head towards one of the hallways. prudence agreed and the two walked down the academy's hallway.
"nick looked like a wreck after you two broke up." prudence stated, her eyes flickering up towards jackie.

she felt that there was something about jackie, she didn't have to be harsh or complicated around the waverly witch.
"it was for the best, we both wanted different people. he wanted sabrina..." jackie stated, refusing to make eye contact with prudence.

"and you?" prudence raised an eyebrow. jackie felt her cheeks grow warm and pink. the flustered witch stopped in her tracks, she finally made eye contact with prudence.
"i...well, i like you, pru. i-is that okay? can i call you pru?" jackie began to fumble over her words.

prudence smiled warmly down at jackie, she thought that the way that jackie nervously stumbled over her words was adorable.
"yes, you can call me pru. and to tell you the truth, i like you too. i think that you're one of the most powerful witches that i've ever met. and...and you deserved so much better than nick. i hope that i can be 'the better' that you deserve." prudence ranted, causing jackie's heart to swell.

"i hope you can be who i deserve too." jackie nodded. she finally felt content with her life, almost as if prudence had led her out of the clouds of confusion that had clouded her life.

zelda spellman sat at the kitchen table, flipping through the newspaper as hilda cleaned off the counter.
hearing the front door open, both of the spellmans looked up in confusion.

jacqueline entered the kitchen, the smell of the spellman house had greeted her with a reminded sense of familiarity. zelda's eyes widened and lit up as her daughter entered the room.
"jacqueline! oh, we weren't expecting you." zelda set down the newspaper and walked over to pull her daughter into a hug.

jackie felt her body tense up, she had never hugged her mother before. soon she felt herself relax as she wrapped her arms around zelda spellman. the newfound affection from her mother was something that she had started to miss while she was staying with her father.

"well isn't this some beautiful mother-daughter bonding. we missed you, my darling." hilda held her arms open for her niece to accept her embrace. jackie smiled as she moved from her mother's arms to hilda's—she had never felt this accepted before in her life.

"how was your stay at george's?" zelda asked, pushing jackie's brunette hair from out of her face once jackie finally let go of hilda.
"it was...refreshing. even though he'll never admit it, i think he was growing tired of having me in the house all day. i went to the academy." jackie answered, leaning against the counter.

"and? did you see that scratch boy?" hilda wanted to hear all about jackie's recent escapades at the academy.
"yes, i saw him. but we just waved at each other. i went to go see prudence, actually. and now i'm here to see sabrina. do either of you know where she is, by chance?" jackie asked, glancing between hilda and zelda.

"not since earlier my dear, but she should be here soon." zelda answered, walking back over to the table to take her seat.
almost as if on cue, sabrina spellman entered the kitchen.

"aunties, we have a big—oh" sabrina stopped once she caught sight of jacqueline waverly standing in the middle of the kitchen.
jackie's blue-green eyes met sabrina's gaze, and the waverly witch offered a small smile.

"hi cousin."

honestly speaking,
i have no clue as to when i'll update this story again, but i'm trying to finish and update it as
much as i can. i've thrown around the idea
of making a prequel either about jackie
or about zelda and george's relationship as
teenagers because somehow, writing more of an original plot would be easier for me than following the script and plot of CAOS. so after i finish this story, the chances of there being a sequel are very very slim, but the chances of a prequel happening are more likely. but its all up to what you, the readers, think.

if you want a prequel,
what would you want it to be about?
(i personally am a george stan and i know that you all love rdj so let me know what you all think!)