xiii. BEGONIA

( october 30 )

( october 30 )

jackie let out a deep sigh as she flipped the page of the book that she was reading.
"dinner is ready, jay." george waverly popped his head into the living room, where his daughter resided.

jackie closed the book and set it in the chair that she had been sitting in. the brunette witch followed her father into his dining room—he had set out their places at the dinner table. for dinner, he prepared jacqueline's favorite, fettuccine alfredo.

jacqueline had spent the past couple of days with her father as a result of her argument with nicholas scratch. george waverly watched his daughter as she picked at her food, staring blankly at it. he noticed that she'd been quite distant ever since she arrived to his doorstep with a backpack on her shoulders.

nicholas had managed to anger jackie in a way that she had never felt before. she remembered every detail about the argumemt.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"....i-i don't even know what it was, it was like sparks of electricity when she shook my hand, nick!" jackie's blue green eyes grew wide as she told the story. nick had stopped writing.

his brown eyes glanced up at his girlfriend that was standing in front of him. she was developing feelings for someone else? prudence, of all people?

"what does this even mean?" nick asked aloud, resting his chin upon his hand. jacqueline had been so quick to say that he couldn't be in a polyamorous relationship with both of them, yet there she was, gaining feelings for another.

"i don't know." jacqueline shrugged. she truly didn't. she didn't like prudence—at least she didn't think so. apparently, love was a fickle thing.

"so you told me that i can't have both of you, but you're developing feelings for her?" nick furrowed his eyebrows as he set his pencil down.

jacqueline was confused—her eyebrows stitched together.
"excuse me? nick, i'm not developing feelings for prudence. i like you, i'm with you!" she became defensive. her arms crossed over her chest as if to protect her from whatever argument he had.

"i'm sorry, but that sounds like utter shit, jackie. you just told me that you feel sparks when you two touch. earlier you said that you get nervous around her. does that happen with me?" nick didn't want to share jackie, it was quite possibly the last thing that he wanted to do.

"yes! i don't like her, nicholas and if you don't believe me, that's your problem!" jacqueline sassed. she was unsure on if she actually liked prudence or not. jacqueline waverly had never defined her sexuality, she never felt the need to. yet as she thought about wanting nick and maybe even prudence, she wondered.

"i have to go, jacqueline." nicholas scoffed as he collected his things to leave.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

jacqueline hadn't seen nicholas in two days. she didn't know where their relationship stood from that argument. as george watched his daughter slowly start to eat her food, he refrained from asking her about what was going on in her mind; with time, she'd tell him.

"how do you like it, jackie?" he offered a smile to his daughter. jacqueline looked up, caught off guard.
"it's great dad. just as i remembered." she smiled back.

if there was anyone that she'd never grow tired of, it was her father. his presence alone gave her the comfort that she needed. wherever he was, it was home to her.

the sound of the doorbell ringing caught the waverlys' attention. jacqueline set down her fork and stood.
"i'll get it, dad. i'll be right back." she walked out of the dining room, leaving her father to eat by himself.

she walked through the living room, into the foyer. her sock clad feet carried her across the hardwood floor towards the front door. jacqueline's delicate hands reached for the knob and opened the door.

standing on the doorstep with a bouquet of begonias in hand was nicholas scratch, hoping to apologize for his foolish and selfish ways.

"hello, jackie." he greeted.

sometimes it's important to forgive and forget.