xiv. LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER

( october 30 )

( october 30 )

"you can't stay long, nick. i have somewhere to be." jackie informed as she began to get dressed for sabrina's dark baptism.

nicholas scratch looked over towards the clock, seeing that it read 10:35pm.
"where do you have to be at ten thirty-five at night?" he folded his arms over his chest.

"if you must know, my cousin sabrina is having her dark baptism at twelve," jacqueline said, stepping out of her sweatpants. she kicked them to the side and wandered over to the drawers in search of her black jeans.

it was her first event since she had returned home and she had to make a good impression on the coven. nick's brown eyes followed jacqueline's figure as she walked across the room in nothing but her shirt and underwear.

"why are you here, nick?" jacqueline groaned out of frustration when she couldn't find her jeans. the warlock raised an eyebrow before entering the room and taking a seat upon the bed.

"i came to say that i'm sor—jackie, can you look at me?" nick pleaded. jacqueline sighed and walked over to her boyfriend. she stood in front of him and he took her hands in his. "i'm sorry. i didn't mean to hurt your feelings or make you feel pressured, i just—i...i guess i don't want to share you with prudence." he apologized, his warm eyes glancing up at jacqueline.

she stared at him without speaking before a small smile worked its way onto her face. jacqueline wrapped her arms around her boyfriend's neck and leaned forward. she pressed a delicate kiss to his lips before pulling back to rest her forehead against his.

"and i'm sorry. i was a little defensive, but i think it's because i'm....i don't know, i'm just confused." jacqueline frowned. nick's eyebrows stitched together in confusion.
"confused about what?" nick's hands rested upon jackie's waist.

"please don't get upset. i'm telling you this because i trust you, okay?" jackie was partially afraid of how nick would respond to her confession.
"okay, i won't get upset." he nodded.

"i...well, i think that you're really attractive, but then i also think that prudence is....really attractive too. god, ugh don't tell her that i said that." jackie hated to admit that she thought that prudence was attractive.

nick realized what jackie was telling him, but he couldn't care less. jackie was jackie, and that was all that he cared about.
"so you like both of us?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.
"i think so, yes." jackie nodded.

"well i'm glad that you felt like you could tell me that. but all that i care about is that we're happy. are we happy?" nick gently pulled jackie closer to him.

her eyes glimmered with joy as she noded and smiled. "we're happy." she whispered before kissing him again.

it was 11:15pm and jacqueline waverly was practically stuck at her aunt hilda's side. the new and improved witch was afraid to mingle amongst the coven alone. plus, their lethal stares weren't helping her anxieties

"jackie, darling?" hilda spellman looked towards her niece. jacqueline snapped out of her thoughts and glanced at her aunt.
"huh?" she questioned.

the elderly witch and warlock couple in front of them scoffed, unamused with jacqueline's lack of manners.
"gerald was speaking to you." hilda stated.

jacqueline's eyes flickered to look at the couple, raising an eyebrow for him to make his statement again.
"i said that i hope you learned your lesson—you should never defy your coven." the elderly man gave jackie a deadly stare.

she didn't know if it was the strong smell of the fire burning, the glares that were being shot her way, or if it were that she spotted the weird sisters amongst the crowd—however, jackie was starting to become dizzy.

the nervous witch felt herself become light-headed and suddenly, the world was spinning.
"a-auntie hilda, i don't....i don't feel good." jackie shook her head.

her heartbeat had picked up and she felt like she couldn't breathe. zelda spellman walked over, her eyebrows furrowed.
"jackie, you look ghastly. are you all ri—"

jacqueline's eyes shut and she felt herself start to collapse. hilda and zelda gasped, both rushing to hold up the ill girl. zelda sighed and looked upon her daughter—she was definitely the daughter of george waverly.
"we need to do something!" hilda grew overly concerned for her niece.

"hilda, stay here. wait for sabrina, i'll take jacqueline home. i'll be right back." zelda instructed as she wrapped an arm around her daughter's torso.

zelda spellman carefully guided her anxiety ridden daughter through the tall trees.

"dear satan! you insist that i do not care for you, jacqueline but here i am, taking you home. i could miss sabrina's dark baptism," zelda spoke to her daughter. jacqueline was conscious, but was failing to make sense of her reality. as much as she didn't want to miss sabrina's life changing moment, when zelda saw her daughter collapse, she knew that she had to be a mother first. "you are like your father in more ways than you know, my dear." zelda sighed as she whispered.

when zelda entered the spellman house, ambrose was quick to help her get jackie into bed. once jacqueline was tucked under the covers, ambrose walked away and leaned against the doorframe.
"is she going to be okay, auntie zee?" he inquired. the last thing that he needed was for jackie's health to fail.

"she'll be fine, ambrose. the dark baptism was too much for her, i should've known. th-the party made her experience sensory overload," zelda looked upon her daughter sympathetically. "it's her anxiety. i—her father has anxiety, and i only made it worse when she was a child. i di—" zelda was cut short by ambrose.

"it's okay, auntie. just...go back to the dark baptism and i'll take care of jackie. i promise. if anything happens, i'll summon george. now go." ambrose shooed his aunt out of the room.

once he heard the front door close, he turned back to his cousin and gave a sigh.
"zelda really does care about you, jacqueline."

okay i actually really enjoyed
writing this chapter because
it centers around 2 very
important things about jackie;
1. her sexuality and 2. her
mental health and how it relates
to her dad. i hope you enjoyed it!

have you guys watched the new
CAOS episode? if so, no spoilers
because i havent seen it yet!

next week is my last week of school
so hopefully, i'll get to update over
my holiday break (: