v. FAVOR

( october 15 )

( october 15 )

JACQUELINE PLOPPED a sugar cube into her tea. as the cube came in contact with the liquid, it slowly began to dissolve, the witch carefully stirred her tea.
"jacqueline, i need you to do something." zelda spellman's voice sounded as she walked into the kitchen.

zelda grabbed the daily newspaper from the counter top before taking a seat at the breakfast table.
"why should i do something for you?" jackie scoffed, bringing the teacup to her lips.

the tea had barely reached her throat before she jumped slightly at the scorching hot drink meeting her tongue.
"ah shit!" jackie cursed and set the teacup back down. her least favorite part about drinking tea was waiting for it to cool down.

"firstly, it's not for me, it's for sabrina. secondly, you should have known that it was hot, i could see the steam from here." zelda scolded. ever since the argument between zelda, george, and jackie, zelda had cooled down on her hurtful comments.

she knew that it was better to have her daughter on her side—zelda was well aware that her daughter would only do her a favor if she was nice and cordial.

"fine, what is it?" jackie asked as she walked over to the table.

a couple of weeks had passed since jackie's arrival back home, but it didn't stop her and sabrina from growing close. the two witches were starting to become genuine friends, sabrina had came to jacqueline for a couple of witchcraft questions.

"i need you to go to the academy for me—look around, talk to some people. its been a while since a spellman has gone there. oh! and the high priest has asked to speak with you." zelda informed. zelda had received a letter from faustus blackwood, he had been eager to talk to jackie since her arrival.

"father blackwood?" jackie raised an eyebrow. zelda nodded, opening the newspaper. her eyes broke gaze with jackie as she began to read the news stories.

why would father blackwood want to see me, jackie pondered.

jacqueline entered the academy of unseen arts. memories of her time at the school started to floor her memory. she hated the place—getting harrowed, being treated as lesser during her first year. she sighed, she would only have to visit father blackwood and then she'd be out of there.

looking around the academy, she immediately realized that she didn't fit in with her magenta colored sweater; all of the other students were wearing black and dark colors. some things stay the same, she thought.