Chapter 8

Melody POV

"I'm so sorry Melody, but I can't stay." Blake said, "I completely understand. You feel you must go and serve a higher purpose, namely stopping more tragedies like the one at Beacon." I said, "Now if I'm not mistaken you and your friends are leaving tomorrow, please at least stay the night. I doubt Qrow was able to find you a decent hotel to stay in so for tonight live in the lap of luxury." I said, "You're too kind." She said as she walked away, "This is unusual for you. Usually when you want something you just take it, so what's so different about her?" Eva said, "Oh absolutely nothing. But she will become another one of (y/n)'s step-mothers." I said, "Or?" She said, "Or I'll have her removed. For whatever reason, she appears to be immune to my semblance, meaning she's in love with someone. Hopefully, it's (y/n) she loves if so I can use my son to get her." I said, "Melody are you sure this is what's best for (y/n)? I was there when he was born and I love him almost as much as you do but this isn't you. This isn't the woman I fell in love with!" She said, "Everything I do is for (y/n)! There's absolutely no line that I won't cross for him and if that means Blake Belladonna must die." I said.

Blake POV

It was around midnight when I decided to sneak out. "Blake Belladonna I presume." a woman said as she rounded the corner.

"Who are you?" I asked, "I'm Eva, and you, my dear, are planning to kidnap my stepson and take him with you to Argus

"Who are you?" I asked, "I'm Eva, and you, my dear, are planning to kidnap my stepson and take him with you to Argus." She said, "Was I really that easy to read?!" I said, "No dear, you're doing well. My semblance is called precognition, in short, I can see potential futures. And when I looked into your futures most of which ended in your death, except one. You kidnap (y/n) and take him with you to Argus and then to Atlas." She said, "Why are you helping me? Shouldn't you be trying to stop me?" I asked, "I should yes. Melody will be furious, but she's spiraling. You have to understand one thing about my Melody, and that she means well, but when she loves something she will do anything to keep it." She said, "Which is why her semblance is so terrifying. It's called Amore, it imprints her feelings towards something on a target, namely her feelings of love, but it doesn't work if her target is already in love. But she found a way around this if the target ingests her blood then it doesn't matter they will devote themselves to her completely." She said, "Is that why all these women." I said, "No, no she never used her semblance on them. You were going to be the second person she's used her blood on. The first being (y/n)'s father just before he left for Vale. Her blood takes just under forty-eight hours to take effect so use this time wisely." She said as she began to leave, "Wait. What do you mean Melody is spiraling?" I asked, "I should've known you would've been curious. This happened once before you know. She spiraled into a dark place six months after she gave birth to (y/n). When she had to give him to her sister. She'll get better, eventually, but until then I feel that (y/n) will be better in your care." She said as she began to walk away, "Oh and Blake dear if you prove that you cannot care for (y/n) as I hope you will I will end your life." She said as she walked away.

Eva POV

"Is it done?" Melody asked, "Yes it's done. She has no idea she drank your blood." I said. "Tomorrow I'll be seeing her off." I said, "I don't see why you would, but I won't stop you since she'll be coming back to us before long." She said as I got into bed.

Blake POV

"I see you're leaving." Eve said, "Yeah we have to get to Argus as soon as possible." I said, "BLAKE YOU COMING!" Yang said, "YEAH IN A SEC!" I said, "I have to go." I said, "Do you have him with you?" Eva asked, "Yeah." I said, "Blake while you're in Argus I want you to look for a woman named Alice." She said, "Ok I will, but why?" I asked, "Because she's his half-sister. Oh don't be so surprised, we all have our vices. Jack's was sleeping around. She's your age, you'll like her." She said as she left. "Blake let's go!" Yang said as she dragged me onto the train.

"Hey, Blake, who was that woman you were talking to?" Yang asked, "Oh she was one of (y/n)'s many step-mothers." I said, "Ok and why is your bag so heavy?" She asked suddenly (y/n) poked his head out of my bag, "BLAKE!" Ruby, Weiss, and Yang all yelled, "CHOO CHOO!" (y/n) said happily.