Chapter Twenty Five

It was pouring rain as passengers began boarding the plane. Her tears were masked by the rain and for that she was thankful.

       His panic was evident as he searched the airport, looking for the familiar blonde he loved. He came to a stop and watched as the plane took off.

       One was running in one direction, while the other was running in the opposite direction. It seemed they were never on the same path...

       She forgave him and put his happiness before hers. For years she'd let others control her life and put others before herself.

       He'd let his emotions get the best of his once again. For years he'd let his emotions get in the way and driven people away.

       She was tired of letting others using her and pretending everything was ok. She was done with it and now it was time to put herself first.

       He was sick of letting his emotions control his life. He was done and now he was going to stop letting his emotions run loose.

       It was time to let go and move on. They'd proven time and time again, they could not be together. It was time to finally accept that.

       Sʜᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ʜɪᴍ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴇᴀʀʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ...

      After a few months, she learned he'd moved on to someone new. She was happy for him and wished him the best.

     He found out she'd found someone else to take his place. He tried to be happy for her, wishing the best for her.

     She began her senior year while he traveled the world. While she took tests, he did tour after tour. She began to find happiness while he learned to fake his.

     They began to adapt to life without one another and soon...forgot about each other. She gave up the spotlight and instead focused on school. He postponed college plans and focused on his career.

     Life began to get easier for him and he eventually found true happiness. She thrived in her new environment and enjoyed her freedom.

     When he heard of her plans for the future, he realized he was not part of them. She had buried her old plans and replaced them new ones.

     Their futures had changed and they weren't part of each other's anymore. In fact, their future paths rarely ever crossed. They were going in different directions and maybe that was okay. Maybe it was better that way...

ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ...

       She learned he'd broken up with his other girlfriend. His girlfriend had been her best friend. She sent him a sympathetic text but that was it. He never replied.

       He wanted to turn to her for comfort but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He meant to answer her text but never quite knew what to say. So he never replied.

       She posted a bunch of pictures with her new boyfriend. He liked them but he didn't really like them. She was better without him.

       He posted pictures from his latest tour. She liked them and hoped he was happy. He looked happier without her and that was okay.

       She called him on accident one day. He didn't pick up and for that she was glad. When he called her back the next day, she didn't know what to do. It went to voicemail.