Chapter Two

Johnny's POV

I sit in my manager Mike's office. He's waiting for Annie and her manager, Sally, to show up. Luckily, we're in L.A, so we were able to meet up. Our managers decided it was best to talk, before Annie made her decision. Lauren came along, but she only came to see Annie.
The two of them are close, really close actually. Annie comes to visit us a lot. By us, I mean Lauren. Last time, Annie stayed with "us" for two weeks.
Two weeks is a long time to avoid someone. I stayed in my room the whole time. Lauren got really mad and we ended up fighting, which eventually made Annie leave early. I felt slightly guilty, but I eventually made up with Lauren.
As far as I know, Annie just thinks of me as Lauren's annoying, moody, and sarcastic older brother. Well, she also thinks of me as a horrible excuse of a friend and she hates me. The moody and sarcastic part is fairly accurate. I'm pretty moody and well, sometimes a bit too sarcastic.
Lauren's not a big fan of sarcasm, so we argue about that a lot. Despite all the arguing, Lauren and I are really close. I don't know much about her friends, other than their names. I know Annie because she dated Hayden, and she's one of Lauren's best friends.
Plus, Annie and I have an interesting past. It started with a simple misunderstanding, but over the years it's escalated. Besides, I hurt her and she hasn't forgiven me. That's why I avoid Annie all the time. She doesn't appear too upset, but why should she? She's the one who cut me off, not the other way around.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts, as Annie and her manager stroll in. I blink in surprise, Annie's changed a lot! I remember when she and Hayden dated, she always looked so young. Now, she has highlights and her hair is shorter. I'm not gonna lie, Annie grew up...a lot.
Sure, I've seen her, seen her Instagram posts, but I've never really seen her, since the breakup. I never really noticed her, she'd always just been Annie. Now, she's kinda hot. Get ahold of yourself, Orlando, I think. I shake my head, before looking at her again.
Annie's not too dressed up, just white cutoffs and a pale pink sleeveless shirt. She has makeup on, but it's not too obvious, like some girls do their makeup. Her long and it's pulled into a ponytail, which looks good. She looks at me, before examining her nails. It's obvious she doesn't want to be here, but she was dragged along anyway.
Her phone buzzes and she glances at her manager. Sally shrugs, so Annie pulls out her phone. She smiles and quickly replies to whoever texted her. Suddenly, her phone starts buzzing. "It's Carson, can I take it?" She ask Sally, a hopeful smile on her face. Sally shakes her head, "Sorry hon, but I have to say no."
Annie sighs and texts something, before slipping her phone in her pocket. She flicks an annoyed glance at me, her facial expression neutral. Sally turns to her, "Annie and I talked it over on the way here, she agreed to go on tour." I smile but Annie doesn't return my smile.
She simply shrugs, "It'll be good for my career." Ouch, I think, a little offended by her cool words. She raises one of her perfect eyebrows, "Besides, it's not like we're really friends or anything." Wow, I think, Annie's harsher than I remember her being. Sally turns to Mike, "We need to talk about the tour details." He nods and says, "You guys can go outside or whatever." Annie quickly leaves and I lamely follow her out.
As soon as we get outside, Annie confronts me. "Just so you know, we're not friends. I only agreed to this because it's good for my career." I snort, "Like I care. You're practically a child, why would I care what you think?" She blinks as if I slapped her. She looks at the ground, "Gee, thanks."
I run a hand through my hair in frustration, "Why are you so against me, anyway?" Annie laughs, "Are you serious? Do you know not remember how you acted? You hurt me and expected me to be ok with it?"
"Ok, I'm sorry for everything I did, but don't you think it's childish to hold grudges?" She glares at me, "Don't you it was childish how you acted? If you can't see past your own mistakes, you're hardly capable of pointing out other's mistakes."
I roll my eyes, "You're not perfect, neither am I. You overreact and hold grudges longer than anyone I know." Annie flinches, "Ok, so you're allowed to say whatever you want, but I'm not? You know what you did, the longer you deny it-" I glare at her, "Look, I understand I hurt you. I made a mess of our friendship but you're not exactly innocent. You dated my best friend to get back at me, how is that fair?"
Her eyes widen, "You think I used Hayden?" I say nothing, staring back at her. Her eyes narrow, "I truly liked him. I can't believe you'd think that lowly of me!" I sigh, "Look, I'm sorry. But you moved on pretty quickly. You're dating Carson, aren't you?"
She icily replies, "No, I'm not and it's none of your business." She glares, "I'm not dating anyone and I'd never date you!" She mutters something else, which sounds a lot like, I don't know why I fell for you in the first place. She turns around and starts walking away, and I call after, "Well, I'd never date you!" Not again anyway. She turns around and yells, "Shut up, Orlando." I sigh, This tour is off to a great start.

ꕥ 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚜𝚑 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚌𝚢 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜. 𝙰𝚗 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜. 𝙲𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚗? ꕥ
♥︎ 𝚇𝚘, 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 ♥︎