Chapter Four

a/n: multiple POV changes this chapter

Annie's POV

I sit in an empty closet, in the dark, holding back tears. I hear a knock on the door, so I yell, "Go away." The knocking pauses, but quickly returns. "Go away!" I repeat. Instead of going away, the person comes into the closet. I scramble out of the way, as Johnny makes his way inside the closet.
"Go away, you're the last person I want to talk to." I mumble, scooting away. He looks hurt, as he says, "I came to apologize." I snort, "Like that's going to make it right! An apology isn't going to fix it, Orlando. Haven't you already done enough?"
Johnny sighs, running a hand through his hair. "Why do you have to be so difficult, Leblanc?" I shake my head, "I don't believe you! I'm being difficult?!"
He nods, but I cut him off, "Is your ex coming on tour with you?!" I yell. He looks at me, before slowly saying, "Well, no but-" I glare at him, "Exactly! So, if I'm being difficult because I don't want to go on tour with my ex, then maybe you should find a new tour companion." I back away, "Maybe you could ask Hayden." He calls my name as I leave, but I ignore him.

+++++++++++++++++

   Later, I sit in Lilia's room. She braids my hair, while I explain the situation to her. "Oh, honey, you poor thing. I can't believe he'd be so cruel. Especially after everything he's done." I nearly choke on the mineral water I'm sipping, "Wait, so you know what happened?" She nods, "Yeah. Clearly, he needs to stay out of your life."
I look at her in surprise, "Who told you what happened?'" I look at her expectantly, waiting for an answer. "Oh, Lauren told me. Why? What's wro-" I quietly say, "She wasn't supposed to tell anyone. I didn't want everyone knowing about it." Lilia bites her lip, "I'm so sorry." I sigh, "It's fine. I mean to tell you, but it just never came up. I just wish Lauren hadn't told you, so I could've of. I wonder if she's told anyone else." I shake my head, as we move on.
"Is Hayden really joining the tour?" I roll over, as Lilia finishes my braid. "Yeah, he is." I shake my head, "Honestly I'm ready to forgive him but it's just...harder than I thought it'd be."
    I sigh, "And there's the whole mess with Carson. I mean, we're trying to find a way to gently tell Jayden, we want to date." Lilia pats my hand, "You poor thing, you're going through so much." I groan and roll over again, "My life is too complicated!" Lilia just sympathetically agrees.
I sit up before saying, "Hey Lils, would you be upset if I go back to Maryland again?" She looks at me in alarm, "Why?" I bite my lip, "I'm going to tell Johnny, he needs to find a new tour mate." I look out the window, "It's getting to be too much. I just need a little break." I hastily add, "Besides Katie's been begging me to come visit." Lilia's eyes fill with tears, as she hugs me, "I'll miss you so much, Anns." She sighs, "But if it's what you want, I'll support you."
I hug her back, "You're the best, Lils." She hugs me, as I think, Am I being childish? Running away from my problems like this?

Johnny's POV

"I wanted you to know I'm not going on tour with you. I'm sorry, I guess, but this is all too much. I know it may sound childish to you, but I haven't forgotten what you did. Besides, I really don't want to spend two months with you and my ex. We'd just spend the whole time arguing because clearly we no longer get along. I hope you find a new tour mate, soon. My manager's coming by to grab my things, so this is goodbye." I listen to Annie's voicemail, groaning. No way, am I going to find a tour mate in time! I barely managed to convince Annie, and now she's bailing?!
Lauren comes in, a stormy look on her face. "Could you keep it down?" She snaps. I glare, "Leave me alone. You're not my mom." She glares back, "Shut up, John."
I roll my eyes, "Wow, I'm so scared." She grits her teeth, "You are such a child! Shut up, maybe it'll make the world a better place." I glare, "What's with you?" She looks at me in disgust, "None of your business."
I shake my head, "Well, if you're gonna have a tantrum, have it somewhere else." She rolls her eyes, "Whatever." I make a face, "Get out of my room." She glares, "Gladly." She slams the door shut, leaving me to sulk in peace.
I need to figure out how to make it up to Annie. I think distractedly. Maybe, I can re-convince her to come back and rejoin the tour. I groan in frustration, Who am I kidding? Annie's so stubborn, she'll never agree.