How Annie met Asher...

[A few months ago - A Flashback]

3rd Person's POV

A bunch of hopeful teens sat and waited to audition for Netflix's latest show. They were reading the script for the pilot episode, wondering if they'd be the ones chosen to be in the actual episode.
Among them was the actual cast, though they didn't know it yet. "Julianna Leblanc, William Franklyn Miller, Asher Angel?" A young woman called, looking around the room. The three stood up, following her into another room. They exchanged nervous smiles.
"Ms.Leblanc you showed great potential and we'd like for you to do a chemistry read with these fine young men." The director said, gesturing to the two boys.
She politely thanked him and accepted the offered script. "First up, we want you to do a chemistry read with Asher." He stood up and smiled, offering her his hand to shake. She shook his hand, smiling back.
They began the scene and the director nodded while writing down notes. He looked back up, studying the two teens as they exchanged dialogue. Annie smiled and looked up at Asher, who smiled back and winked. They began running through the scene, exchanging lines and basically just flirting.
"You're pretty smooth yourself," she read from the script, her eyes twinkling with amusement. He laughed and read his line, "I think this is the part where we kiss, huh?" They glanced at the director, unsure of what to do.
He shrugged and they both shifted uncomfortably. Asher finally leaned down and tilted her chin up, when the door opened, "Sorry to interrupt but-" They all turned to see a curly haired kid, holding a script and looking apologetic. His eyes widened as he took in the scene, "Oh..."
The director groaned, "Mr.Grazer, please knock next time." The kid nodded and took a seat, before flashing the rest of them a smile.
"Well, redo that scene please. It was showing promise." The director said, waving his hand. They nodded and ran through the scene again. "So, I think this is the part where we kiss, huh?" Asher said, smiling.
Annie glanced at him, smiling, "I guess so-" He cut her off, leaning down and kissing her. She was surprised but they managed to pull off the scene. The director applauded, "Bravo!"
Jack and Will clapped, their scripts tucked underneath their arms. Before anything else could happen, a blonde girl burst into the room, "I'm so sorry! We were running late and they sent me in, oh...." she awkwardly trailed off.
With a groan, the director shook his head, "You kids are all over the place. You're all very talented but you're very disorganized and you keep interrupting one another."
The blonde girl blushed, "I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you were running through a scene. I meant to knock but I forget." She shifted uncomfortably, lowering her eyes.
Jack cleared his throat, "I'm sorry too. I should of knocked and I'm sorry I forgot to." He ran a hand through his hair, glancing at the director.
With a sigh, he flatly replied, "You have potential and I would like to cast you but you need to prove you're ready. If you keep showing me you're not ready, I'll have no choice but to recast, so please show me you're worthy of the roles." They all nodded, the director's words sinking in.
"Mr.Kennedy, should we run through another scene?" Annie whispered. He nodded, "Asher switch out with Will, We'll do a chemistry read with William and Julianna." The two squirmed at the mention of their full names.
The two began a scene and showed just as much chemistry as Asher and Annie had. "You're cute when you're mad," Will read, looking at Annie with a smirk. She rolled her eyes, "I'm not a child nor am I cute." He laughed and replied, "So what are you gonna do about it?"
She scoffed, "What do you think?" She glanced at the script, before standing on her tiptoes and pretending she was going to kiss him, before shoving his shoulder. "It's called revenge, babe." The scene ended and they were met with applause.
The director took off his glasses, rubbing his head, "I think we've found our cast. Jack and Emily, it's your time to shine. Go and show me what you guys got."
They exchanged a nervous smile before beginning their scene. They showed some chemistry but it was clear they were slightly uncomfortable. "So, what are you proposing?" Emily asked. "You and me...together. Us against the world." Jack replied, smiling.
She glanced at the script before sweetly smiling, "I'd like that. You and me." They hugged and smiled at each other, ending their scene. The director nodded, "That was good. You two will be the quieter ones. You'll be more reserved about your feelings."
He turned to Annie, Asher, and Will. "You three will have a triangle going on. Jack and Emily's characters will be interested in each other and only each other. While Annie is in the middle, she'll be totally oblivious to the two boys' interest in her."
He sighed, "Jack's character will be a skater. He'll be quiet around most but deep down he's very outgoing and funny. Emily's character is a theatre kid, fairly soft spoken and reserved. She's kind and friendly but very quiet. Will's character is a journalist. He works for the school paper and is well liked by his fellow classmates. He's fairly popular and fairly friendly. Asher's character is a transfer student and a jock. He plays almost every sport you can think of. He's charming and outgoing, immediately fitting in at his new school. Annie's character is popular and she's part of plenty of clubs which is how she meets the others."
The director smiled, "Overtime they'll all become friends but they'll work through obstacles. Of course, there will have to be a little action and mystery which we'll add."
"So...are we the official cast?" Jack asked. The director nodded, "We've found ourselves a cast. Congratulations, you've been selected and you've got the parts."

++++++++

A few months later, they'd returned to begin filming. The first day they began shooting the pilot episode. It resulted in multiple bloody noses and many close calls.
"C'mon you got this." Jack encouragingly called. Annie was on his skateboard, learning how to work it. They were taking a short break and he had taken the opportunity to teach Annie how to skateboard.
Will gave her a slight push to get her started and she shrieked. Annie immediately began to wobble, her arms flailing as she tried to regain her balance. Jack grabbed one of her outstretched hands, before steadying her. She blew a stray strand out of her face, ruefully smiling, "Thanks."
He held her hand while she balanced on the skateboard. Will smirked, "I think my grandma could go faster than you." She whirled around to hit him, but lost her balance and fumbled backwards. Her heel hit the back of skateboard and it flew up and hit her in the face.
She winced as her nose began to bleed. Jack handed her a tissue and sat down beside her, "You've gotten like ten bloody noses already, Leblanc." She glared, gently wiping her nose with the tissue, "Shut up, Jack."
She then turned and glared at Will, "Nice going, buddy." He smiled apologetically, "My bad. Next time just ignore me." He approached the skateboard, "Really, how hard could this be?" Famous last words.
A few minutes later, Will sat next to Annie wiping his own nose. She glanced at him, "Join the club." She handed him another tissue, before she got up and went to throw away her tissue. She smiled, "It finally stopped bleed-" her hands flew up as blood began to drip from her nose...again.
      Jack produced a tissue, unable to hold back his smirk. "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." Annie rolled her eyes and plopped back down next to Will.
       Emily tilted her head to the side, "I want to see how hard this really is. Maybe you two just have really bad balance." Annie frowned, "I was a gymnast! I don't think balance is my problem," she jerked her thumb in Will's direction, "He's my problem!"
      With a laugh, the blonde haired girl stepped on the skateboard. She tested it out before pushing off and setting off. Jack lunged forward, trying to pull her back but she swerved right off the curb and flew off the skateboard.
      She was sprawled out in the parking lot, clutching her knee. Jack and Asher slowly approached her, both of them wincing when they saw her knee. "I think the skateboard won that round, Em." Will called.
      Emily rolled her eyes, "Oh, just shut up. You're the one who face planted." The two boys helped her up and she limped over to where the other two were sitting. She dropped down next to them, accepting a band aid from Jack. Asher shook his head, "I'm gonna let that skateboard be."
      Jack nodded, "Smart choice, man." He retrieved his skateboard before he hopped on it. He skated around the parking lot with ease, glancing at his friends. He smiled, "This is what it's supposed to be used for."
      Annie wiped her nose one last time before jumping up. "I don't care what any of you say I'm trying again." She approached the skateboard and glared at it, "You better behave or I'll snap you in half." With that she got on and bit her lip.
      Jack smiled as she softly whispered, "Help me, Grazer?" He laughed and climbed on behind her, "Hold on." He pushed off and began to lead them around the parking lot. He smoothly maneuvered the skateboard, while Annie focused on keeping her balance and not falling.
     When he began to slow down, Annie grinned, "This is fun." He laughed, "Really?" She nodded and he jumped off the skateboard. Her eyes widened as she realized it was now up to her to guide the skateboard.
       She skittered to a stop, shaking and with her arms out. She jumped off and Jack began to back away. He laughed and took off. She chased after him, "Get back here you, coward! I can't believe you let me go by myself!" She caught up with him...but then tripped and took both of them down.
       His head hit hers, both of them groaned and rubbed their foreheads. "You got a thick skull, Grazer." She muttered. He grunted, "That ego of yours doesn't help your head, Leblanc."
       The others laughed before Asher jogged over and helped Annie up. She quietly thanked him before smacking Jack in the arm. "You're a jerk." He rubbed his head once more, before smirking, "Takes one to know one."
        When they returned to shooting, the crew stared at them. Will was holding a tissue to his bleeding nose, Emily's knee was gashed and she was limping. Annie's nose was still red and it was a little swollen after being hit with the skateboard. Jack was rubbing his head which was still sore, while Asher looked perfectly normal.
       The director shook his head, "This is gonna be one interesting ride. We'll be lucky if we survive season one without any deaths."

ꕥ 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝙰𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚛...𝙴𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢, 𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕. 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. ꕥ
♥︎ 𝚇𝚘, 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊♥︎