005.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

RENJUN looked at his phone, before sighing and putting it back on the glass table in front of him. Donghyuck—who was sitting opposite of him—sipping on a Banana Milkshake furrowed his brows at his friend, putting the cup down. „Why the long face?" He asked and Renjun sighed.

„Remember the girl I told you about?" The Chinese lad started and Donghyuck nodded. „Love at first sight", the tanned boy sang and closed his eyes in a romantic manner. „I asked her out."

Donghyuck, who was taking yet another sip of his milkshake, started coughing and spitting out the light yellow liquid. „W-When did you become so bold?" Donghyuck asked, wiping the corners of his mouth with a napkin. Renjun chuckled.

„I don't know. I thought that I have to be straightforward this time..." Renjun took the mug that was in front of him and held it tightly in his hands. „She seems pretty confident... so I thought if I want to leave an impression I had to be confident as well?" He took a sip from his Da Hong Pao tea and looked outside of the window of the coffee and tea shop he and Donghyuck had found a few days ago.

The name of the shop was The Polar Bear and the baristas were known for creating fantastic milkshakes, Bobas and teas from all over the world. Renjun's favourite was the Da Hong Pao, a type of Oolong tea, which Renjun loved. Donghyuck was currently drinking himself through the menu but already had a few favourites as well—one of them being the spritz Lemon Peach Ade.

The Polar Bear was pretty close to their university. Walking down the hill and turning right after a five-minute walk would make you stumble upon the pretty cheesy sign of the coffee and tea shop.

Renjun and Donghyuck found it by accident, after having lunch in a popular Italian restaurant. They entered and each ordered a caramel macchiato, being surprised with the taste and price of the coffee. Plus, the interior of the shop was cosy. Renjun could imagine himself cramming for the upcoming exams in here.

The windows were tall, giving the café a bright and open atmosphere. On the opposite wall, pictures of polar bears were framed—there was even a picture of the café's owner and his daughter on a polar bear expedition in Churchill.

The café was beautiful; and both, Renjun and Donghyuck loved coming here and being served with the nicest drinks and tasting the cakes and food they had on the menu.

„What did she say?"

Renjun was caught off guard and looked at his best friend. Donghyuck had set down the cup and was leaning into the white plush chair. „I hope she said yes!"

„Well... it wasn't a no", Renjun started and Donghyuck widened his eyes. „I don't quite understand..." - „I invited her to eat hot pot with me. But we couldn't find a day yet..."

„So you don't have a date." Donghyuck exclaimed and Renjun nodded. „She said I should call or text when I have free time to show her that restaurant..." Renjun said and Donghyuck tsk-ed. „And why didn't you call her yet? You have been lazing around in the school's library and your dorm for the past week!" - „I was pretty invested in that drama, you know?" Renjun said but Donghyuck shook his head. „Call her and ask her if she's free tomorrow." He said. „I'll be in Ansan the whole day, so I don't have time for you either." Donghyuck said and continued drinking his milkshake.

„I can't just call her!" - „Yes, yes you can." Donghyuck pouted. „Look, pal. You already were bold enough to ask her out to hot pot. Now you just gotta get that extra boost of confidence and really ask her out."

Renjun knew Donghyuck was right. His usually clumsy and foolish friend managed to ask his semi-crush out as well, so why shouldn't Renjun be able to ask Yuyan out?

He took a deep breath and took a sip from the Da Hong Pao, before grabbing his phone and tapping on his phone until he found Yuyan's number. With eyes closed, he tapped her name and held the phone onto his ear.

It rang once, twice and a third time until Yuyan's voice greeted him with an, „Hi Renjun!"

„Hello Yuyan!" Renjun said, feeling heat creep up to his cheek. Donghyuck watched his older friend intensely.

„Remember that Chinese restaurant I told you about?" He asked and heard Yuyan hum in response. „You said they have the best hot pot outside of China." She chuckled and Renjun gulped.

„Eh, yes." He bit his lip. „I wanted to ask if you're free tomorrow..." It was quiet for a while and Renjun wondered if Yuyan would answer anytime soon when he heard her sigh.

„Depends on what time you want to go out...", she started. „I'm watching the game tomorrow at 11 a.m. but after that, I'm basically free!" - „The soccer game?" Renjun asked and Donghyuck lifted his head and looked at his friend confused.

„Yeah, I'm going there by my— would you like to join me? Our university is playing against the douchebags from Busan." Her tone at the end sounded funny and Renjun chuckle. „We could go and grab hot pot afterwards!" Yuyan smiled and Renjun blushed.

„I'm just going to check my schedule for tomorrow morning really quick, gimme a second." Renjun took the phone off his ear and pressed it onto his chest.

„Hyuck-ah!" Renjun whispered and Donghyuck cocked his eyebrows. „She asked me to go to the soccer game with her tomorrow. Afterwards, we could go eat hot pot... what should I do?" - „Say yes!" Dongyhuck whispered back and Renjun nodded. „You can sit next to her during the game and maybe hold her hand~", the younger male wiggled his eyebrows and Renjun rolled his eyes before taking another deep breath and putting the phone back on his ear.

„Yuyan?", he asked, hearing the girl hum. „I'll be free tomorrow morning." He said and heard Yuyan cheer. „Grand! Should I pick you up or will you pick me up? I need to be at the soccer field early to grab a good seat!" She added and Renjun nodded. „Then I think it's better for you to pick me up. I don't know how early you want to be there." He said, his heart jumping up and down.

„Grand! Just text me your address and I'll pick you up tomorrow!" The Chinese lass whistled and wished Renjun a beautiful Friday evening before hanging up.

Renjun—his ears burning red—looked at Donghyuck and chuckled. „I have a date tomorrow!" Dongyhuck started cheering. „I'm happy for you, Injun! It's going to be fantastic!"