001.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

A sigh, a blink of an eye and the way her peach-pink lips curled upwards showed how much Xiao Yuyan liked him. His sweat was dripping from his forehead, while he leaned forward to catch the ball that would tell who won the match.

His fingers got hold of the ball and he stopped it before it was able to shoot into the net. Yuyan jumped up from her spot on the bleachers, holding a paper banner tightly in her hands, while she watched the boy with the 2 on his back throw the soccer ball on the floor before rushing to his teammates.

„He won" Yuyan whispered—her cheeks red and her eyes glittering with excitement. „He won!" She repeated and turned to her best friend, that was sitting next to her, big yellow headphones on her head. „Chunhei!" Yuyan called and her best friend looked at her with a questioning expression on her face.

Yuyan gently took the earphones off her head. „He won. Mark-sunbae won!" She smiled brightly and turned back to the soccer field, where Mark and his teammates celebrated their victory.

Xiao Yuyan was a twenty-year-old college freshman and was currently head-over-heels for the one year older Mark Lee.

Yuyan first set her eyes on Mark, when he was fighting against the vending machine on the third floor of their colleges' main building. She had watched him shake the machine, kick the machine and he even tried to put his hand inside of the machine to get his can of watermelon soda.

With small steps, she had walked up to him.

„You have to kick it from the side" Yuyan had said with a tiny voice and walked up to the side of the vending machine. With a swift kick of her left leg, the machine softly thumped and Mark's watermelon soda fell down.

„Yo!", he said, a grin as bright as the sun forming on his lips. Yuyan felt her cheeks heat up. „That was smooth" he grinned and looked at Yuyan. „You're a freshman, right?", he asked, opening his can.

Yuyan nodded. „Nice to meet you, High Kick." He called her, waved goodbye and disappeared in the hallway. The girl bit her lip and nodded her head, even though Mark Lee was long gone.

Ever since that day, Yuyan had been slightly crushing on the older boy. She went to every single one of his matches and cheered him on from the sidelines.

Mark Lee was a popular boy. Especially amongst the freshman. But Yuyan felt special since he had given her a nickname and sometimes greeted her on campus. Yuyan liked Mark. A lot.

But she was also too shy to pull a move on the boy. Afraid of being dumped for someone else. So she continued liking him quietly. As long as it was making her happy, she would continue.

„Did you calm down already?" Seo Chunhei, Yuyan's best friend asked, looking at Yuyan who held the paper banner with Marks name and looked at the soccer team that slowly walked back to the changing rooms.

„Chunhei, I know you're already annoyed with me... but could we head to the changing rooms and catch Mark when he leaves? I want to congratulate him", the girl said with a pink hint on her cheeks.

Chunhei rolled her eyes and threw her arm over Yuyan's shoulder. „I know, I know. You're majorly whipped for Seagull-Brow, but you promised me that we will go to that gallery I suggested... You know how much I like Gustav Klimt's art." Chunhei was a simple girl—a lover of the colour yellow and an art fanatic. She would spend hours in the schools' library, studying art books and fawning over Gustav Klimt's „The Kiss".

It was true... Yuyan had promised Chunhei to go with her to the gallery. It was a special occasion and the tickets were expensive. Yuyan knew that since she decided to gift them to her friend.

With one last sigh, she looked back on the soccer field. Other students were taking pictures on the field, with the winner-goal behind them.

„Okay... Then I've got to congratulate him tomorrow..." She pouted and Chunhei sighed. „You promised", she repeated and Yuyan nodded. „I know, I know. I would never ever break a pinky promise."

The two girls started walking down the bleachers. Chunhei light-footed jumped from one bench to the other, while Yuyan held on to the railing. The rush of the game still inside her.

Once they reached the bottom they made their way over the campus to their dormitory to grab their things. Yuyan and Chunhei shared a three-bedroom-flat, Yuyan's parents gave them, since they felt unhappy with their precious daughter Yuyan living in the college' dorms.

Yuyan gently taped the newest Mark Lee banner to her wall over her desk and grinned brightly. „It's like he's an idol" she whispered to herself when Chunhei's face appeared in the frame of the door.

The same-aged-girl had her lemon-yellow tote on her shoulder and the tickets in her hand. „Gustav Klimt is waiting!" She called and pushed her dark hair behind her shoulder. Yuyan nodded, grabbed her stuff and left the room. With a quick look inside her bedroom, she was ready to leave.

„Can I at least talk about Mark until we arrive?" Yuyan asked and Chunhei nodded. „Of course you can." She smiled and locked her arms with those of her friend.