Didn't Mean It - Chapter 14

“Recently pictures have invaded the web of Ashley Devine and Liam Payne kissing on stage at the One Direction concert in Dublin. They’re now in Manchester. Although, new photos are leaking on the internet of a boy that no one is sure who he is. Maybe an angry ex of Ashley’s but right now, no one is too sure.” I turned off the TMZ report rolling my eyes. Even Jared was getting fame from this. It was ridiculous. The tour had only started three weeks ago but the paparazzi was everywhere. Everyone was finding out everything and my past was coming to haunt me.

     It was raining outside and I could hear the fans outside the hotel all night long. They sang songs and chanted names. They still hadn’t left and it was now 8 in the morning. I sighed as I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Liam standing there frantically.

     “We have to go. Now.” He said nervously which worried me. He paced back and forth on the wood floor of the hotel room.

     “What are you talking about? Go where?” I asked him confused.

     “He’s coming. He tweeted. We have to get out of here.” He said and I gave him a confused look.

     “Who’s coming? What did he tweet?” I asked trying to stay calm through all of the madness.

     “Jared tweeted. He’s coming here. He’s coming for us. He has intentions and I don’t want to scare you but we have to go.” He said to me and I knew what was happening.

     “Where are we going?” I asked him as he quickly walked into my bedroom within the hotel room and pulled clothes out of the drawers and closets, throwing them into my suitcase.

     “I don’t know yet. The boys are leaving too but they’re not coming with us.” He said zipping up the suitcase and putting it on the ground.

     “Where’s my brother going?” I asked him as I followed him out of the room.

     “With the boys.” He said opening my hotel door. I grabbed my jacket off the chair and followed him down the hall as we were surrounded by four security guards that would bring us out the back entrance of the hotel. Liam pulled my suitcase behind him and I walked fast to keep up pace.

     “What about the tour?” I asked him.

     “Don’t worry about the tour. Worry about what your crazy ex boyfriend would do to us if we don’t get out of here.” He said and we stepped into the elevator still surrounded by security.

     “You have to know where we’re going though.” I said nervously. I could feel my stomach doing cartwheels as the elevator brought us into the main lobby. The fans outside started screaming as they saw Liam but we headed in the other direction.

       “Ashley. Stop talking I’ll explain later.” He said and I figured I’d better shut my mouth. I followed him outside the hotel where we walked to the back parking lot and stepped inside a black car with tinted windows. I sat down next to him in the back seat still staying completely silent as the driver began driving us to our next destination.

     “Where are we going now?” I asked him.

     “The airport.” He said looking straight ahead as we sped down the highway.

     “Where’s Josh going?” I asked him.

     “I don’t know Ashley. Stop asking so many questions.” He snapped meanly and I felt tears form in my eyes from his harsh tone. He turned to look at me when I got completely silent then realized what he’d done.

     “Oh god, Ashley don’t cry. I’m sorry.” He said and pulled me into his arms. I cried into his chest. “Everything’s going to be fine. I will keep you safe.” He said holding me safely in his arms. We pulled into the airport and drove directly to the back where there was a helicopter waiting for us. We stepped out of the car grabbing our bags and hurried to the helicopter. The pilot stayed quiet as we got into the back and put our headphones on. I watched as the doors shut and Liam slipped his hands into mine. I felt the helicopter lift off the ground and watched as the ground below us got smaller and smaller. I stayed silent the whole ride even though our headsets had mics so we could talk to each other.

     A couple hours later I felt the plane begin to land and looked out to see we had landed on a beach. I looked over at Liam confused and he gave me a reassuring look. The helicopter doors opened and we stepped out onto the white sand. I held my suitcase and followed Liam quickly as he walked into a shack looking house. The room we stepped into had dark walls and windows that were covered in blinds. There was a couch and coffee table but no TV. I followed Liam as he walked into another room, bringing my bag with me.

     “Leave your bag here.” I looked at the bed and put my bag down just like he did.

     “This is where we’re staying. I’m not telling you where we are and I’m not telling you how long we’ll be here but I have a question for you.” I breathed in deep thinking of the worst possible questions he could ask me. “Did you know your boyfriend is in a gang?” My eyes grew wide.

     “Y-yes.” I stuttered. “I knew. I didn’t think anything of it.” I said looking down at the ground of the bedroom.

     “Well that gang is looking for us. Give me your phone.” He said putting out his hand. I handed him my phone and he went into the settings disabling the phone completely so it was no longer in service. “They could find us with this.” He said holding up my now useless phone.

     “Are they going to find us?” I asked him with tears filling my eyes.

     “I don’t know Ashley. The police are looking for them but they have been hiding for days. The threats were getting worse so we were sent here. For the next couple of days or even the next couple of weeks we are going to be living here. Just you and I. There’s food in the basement and we are not to leave the house.” He said explaining to me what was happening.

     “What if they find us?” I asked him nervously.

     “Then we die.” He said and I broke down into tears falling into his arms.