Didn't Mean It - Chapter 6

I woke up early the next morning to pack my things. We were leaving that day. I still didn’t want to go. I knew every other girl in the world wished they were me. I was going to be basically living with One Direction the whole summer, but I wasn’t doing it willingly. I was being forced to for my own safety. So I pulled myself out of bed and dragged my tired body into my bathroom where I showered and pulled my wet hair up before putting on super skinny jeans and a blue cami and my Juicy Couture jacket.

     I walked to my closet pulling out a couple duffle bags and placing them onto my bed. First I went to my closet picking out majority of my summer wardrobe to bring along with me and then going to my dresser to get pajamas out, which I placed in my bags next. I grabbed all my makeup and stuffed it into another bag followed by my hair dryer and hair straightener and curling iron. I walked into the bathroom connected to my room and grabbed everything I needed there, then brought it back to my bag and put it in the bag with my makeup. I was frustrated. I didn’t want to leave my mom and I didn’t want to leave Jared.

     I heard a knock on my door followed by Josh’s voice. “Ash, are you almost ready?” He sounded calmer than last night. He seemed more relaxed knowing we were leaving and I wouldn’t be stuck here with Jared and no one to defend me.

     “Yeah.” I said unlocking the door and opening it for him to come in.

     “I’m sorry about last night. I just get so worried you’re going to get hurt and I don’t want that idiot anywhere around you.” He said sitting down at the edge of my bed.

     “It’s not your fault. I don’t blame you for trying to protect me.” I said zipping up my bags and placing them on the floor before I slipped my ballet flats on. 

     “You two almost ready to go?” Niall asked as he stood in the doorway of my bedroom.

     “Are you ready?” Josh asked me. 

      “Well it’s now or never.” I said in an annoyed tone.

      “Don’t worry. It will be fun.” Niall said with a smile. “Touring is fun. We goof off a lot so we will keep you entertained.” 

     “Entertainment isn’t what I’m worried about.” I said meanly which made Niall’s smile fade.

     “Then what are you worried about?” he asked confused. 

     “Jared has a car and a summer with nothing to do. He will find me.” I said nervously.

     “That’s what we have security for.” Harry said coming up behind Niall. “You’re over thinking everything. You’ll be safe with us.” He had a cheeky smile that lightened the mood around us.

     “I’ll take your bags to the car.” Josh said picking up my two duffle bags. “God Ashley, what do you have in here?” He asked surprised by their heaviness.

     “A lot of things.” I said with a laugh as I followed him down the stairs. We walked outside to the limo waiting outside of the house. The chauffeur opened the door for us and I slid inside sitting next to Liam with Josh on the other side of me. 

     “Are you excited?” Liam asked me as I sat down next to him.

     “Oh yeah, totally.” I said in a sarcastic tone.

     “Oh come on. You’re going to have the best summer ever. I guarantee it. Not many girls can say they get to spend they’re whole summer with One Direction.” He winked.

     “Oh yeah, because so many girl’s would love to say ‘My ex-boyfriend abused me so One Direction was like come tour with us, we’ll keep you safe.” I mocked the stupid circumstances and I could tell he was soaking in my words.

     “Well maybe it’s because we think your cool.” He said with a smile.

     “Okay. We can go with that when all the girls on twitter question my being at every concert.” I said rolling my eyes.

     “You hear that guys? If we get asked why Ashley is here, we are telling everyone it’s because she is cool.” Liam said louder and all the boys agreed to it.

     “We already know the fans who are waiting at the airport will leak photos of her being here with us in about 5 seconds. So I guess that’s our definite plan.” Harry said sarcastically.

     “Do you have a better plan? Because we aren’t telling the real story.” Niall hissed at Harry.

     “I do actually. Let’s say she’s dating one of us in the band. It would be the best cover up and we just do a fake break up when the tour is over. No one will know it’s fake if we keep it going for the three months that we’re on tour and no one will extremely question the random girl. So I nominate Liam.” Harry explained.

     “Why me?” Liam asked.

     “You compliment her the best and you’re the closest to her out of all of us.” Harry explained.

     “I second that.” Zayn said.

      “Hold up. Do I get a say in who gets to fake date my little sister?” Josh asked.

     “No.” Harry said with a little laugh. Josh gave an annoyed look before Harry spoke again. “Of course you get a say and we all know you’re going to say Liam.” Harry said with a smile.

     “Well, yes I was but do you actually think this will work?” Josh asked.

     “It’s worth a shot.” Harry said.

     “Harry, what if management gets upset about this plan?” Louis added in.

     “Oh well. It’s the best way to cover up Ashley’s past. Which reminds me, do a lot of people know you’re Josh’s sister?” Harry asked me.

     “Your fans are stalkers so most likely.” I said rolling my eyes.

     “Then we have the story to how they met. This is only going to work if every single one of us is in on it because if we all don’t put in 100% effort to make this seem real, people won’t believe it’s real.” Harry said boldly.

     “Wow Harry, there really is something going on in your head.” Liam said knocking on the top of Harry’s head. “I’m in.” He agreed. 

     “I’m in.” Niall said.

     “It’s fool proof. I’m all for it.” Zayn agreed.

     “I’m in on one condition.” Louis said before taking a short pause. “You post it on twitter before we get to the airport.”

     “Deal.” Liam said. We all looked at Josh for him to approve of our plan.

     “I guess majority rules, I’m in, but Liam if you hurt my sister in any way when this whole thing is over. I’ll kill you.” He said. He didn’t sound very serious but I wasn’t sure if he was serious or wasn’t serious.

     “Then it’s done. Liam, you better get to posting that tweet.” Harry insisted.