Didn't Mean It - Chapter 12

I opened the door to my hotel room and Liam followed me in. I was still crying and he wiped the tears from my eyes.

     “It’s not your fault he came here.” He said trying to soothe me.

     “He’s going to ruin everything.” I said laying down on my bed. I felt Liam lay on the other side and he wrapped his arms around me.

     “He’s not going to hurt you while I’m around. I guarantee it.” He said running his fingers through my hair.

     “You don’t know what he’s capable of.” I said protesting.

     “I know what I’m capable of and that’s keeping you safe.” He said and I turned around to face him. I leaned my forehead against his. I could feel his heart beat as I laid in his arms. I didn’t want to fall for him. I had gone through so much and I knew it would never work out in the end.

     “This will never work out you know.” I said pulling back and looking into his eyes.

     “What do you mean?” He asked.

     “We can never be anything more than a fake relationship for a tour because eventually I have to go back to school and you have to be a celebrity.” I pointed out.

     “The only distance between two people is the distance you put there.” He pointed out.

     “You and I both know the distance could be the Atlantic ocean.” I said annoyed.

     “Ashley let’s give this a chance.” He pointed out.

     “No. I don’t want to get connected.” I protested.

     “So you just want to act like we’re dating? I’ve liked you for a while.” He pointed out.

     “You can leave now.” I said with sass.

     “You’re kicking me out?” He said a bit hurt.

     “Yeah I’ll talk to you in the morning.” I said coldly.

     “Fine. I’ll be coming here at 8 tomorrow morning because I have to take you to the signing.” He said annoyed.

     “Fine. I’ll see you then.” I said before he got up and walked out the door. I had just had a real fight with my fake boyfriend and tomorrow I had to pretend like I was not only dating him but that I still believed in my head that he didn’t like me.