Didn't Mean It - Chapter 11

“Let’s check out some questions that you guys sent in via twitter.” Harry said and the crowd went wild. These girls were insanely loud and I was watching the boys from the side of the stage. 

     “First question, if you had to be any animal what animal would you be from Sandy K. Section 121.” Zayn read. I heard section 121 go up in screams obviously because they were being recognized. 

     “What animal would you be Harry?” Liam asked.

     “I think I would be a koala bear.” Harry laughed. “What about you Niall?” Harry said leading the conversation on. They all answered the question then moved onto the next.

     “Liam, is your girlfriend here tonight and if she is can we say hi to her from Tanner L. Section 224.” Zayn said looking over at Liam.

     “She actually is here tonight, do you guys want to meet her?” The crowd went up in scream and Liam spoke again. “Ashley will you come up here?” He asked looking over at me.

      “No.” I said shaking my head.

     “She’s a bit shy.” He laughed. “Cheer for her to come up here.” He said with a smile.

     “Ashley. Ashley. Ashley. Ashley.” The crowd chanted and finally I gave in rolling my eyes and walking on stage.

     “There she is.” Liam said with a smile kissing me on the cheek.

     “Hello.” I said as Liam put the mic to my lips.

     “Are you nervous?” He asked.

     “I’m only shaking a little.” I laughed.

     “Aren’t you two adorable.” Niall said coming up behind us.

     “Let’s all say hi to Ashley’s lovely brother now.” Zayn added in. “Everyone say hi to Josh.” He winked. Josh waved his drumsticks at the audience. 

     “We’ll see you after the show.” Liam said to me before planting a kiss on my lips. I nodded and walked off stage. I could just think of all the pictures of our onstage kiss. Every girl in that audience had a camera. Everyone would want that picture. I waited for the boys to finish their show and it wasn’t long because there were only about 4 songs left. They got off stage and Liam immediately pulled me aside.

     “I’m sorry I pulled you on stage like that. It was just like I knew I would need to show you off more and I didn’t want the fans to think you were unsupportive and  -” I cut him off

     “It’s fine. No worries. I liked it even though I was really nervous.” I said with a reassuring smile.

     “So how many people do you think got the picture of us kissing?” He asked.

     “Probably everyone in the audience.” I said with my smile fading.

     “It’s fine. People need to know about us.” He said.

     “We don’t want people to know so much that it seems fake.” I said pointing that out to him.

     “True but the fans asked for you.” He said with a smile. “They love you.”

      “I don’t know why they do.” I said and we walked back to the green room.

      “The crowd loved you.” Niall said as we walked in the room.

      “Thanks.” I said sitting down.

      “Is everything okay?” Niall asked quieter.

      “Yeah I’m just exhausted.” I sighed. A couple minutes later we got back in the limo to head back to the hotel. We got out to swarming fans covering the hotel. We rushed inside the hotel covered in security. The boys stopped in the lobby to buy tea and who did I see sitting there in the chair in the lobby? No one other than Jared.

      My worst nightmare had come true. I rushed over to Liam immediately looking at him for protection.

      “What’s wrong? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost.” He joked.

      “No worse.” I said.

      “Worse? How could it be worse?” He asked confused.

      “Jared is here. He’s in the lobby. I’m scared.” I said and he pulled me in his arms.

     “Let’s get up stairs.” He said immediately taking me and heading towards the elevator.

     “Ashley.” His voice. I knew it was him. I turned around as my blood ran cold. “You think you could just leave me like that?” He came up and pushed me back.

     “Hey, don’t touch her like that.” Liam warned.

     “Stay out of it. This is between me and her.” Jared said harshly to Liam.

     “I think you need to leave.” Liam warned.

     “Who’s gonna make me?” Jared asked. As if on cue two security guards walked up behind Jared.

     “Please step away from the celebrity.” One of the large men said.

      “Fine you win this time, but next time she’ll be mine.” Jared said before walking out of the hotel. I immediately fell into Liam’s arms with tears flowing down my cheeks.

     “It’s okay.” He said trying to comfort me. “Let’s go back up to your room.” I could feel the camera flashes on me as I nodded and we walked to the elevator.