Promises and apologies

"How was your day?" Erik inquired as I walked into the house. He was sitting on the lovers seat writing on paper.
"Hmm? Oh yeah good." My answer came out delayed and half-heartedly, my mind still focused on everything else that had happened today.
"Your a very bad liar Nina." He pointed out "what happened?"
"Nothing." I murmured, turning away from him.
"Another lie." He counted "are you even trying to hide the truth?"
" Phillippe talked to me again." I finally gave in, taking a seat beside him.
"I'll kill him for ruining-" he tried to threaten but I cut him off.
"Don't Erik, it's fine, really. I know he's only trying to help me in his point of view." I defended. "And it really wasn't him that upset me today. It was Madame Giry"
"Antoinette? What has the old hag done this time?" He asked.
"Don't call her that." I scorned him "She just told Phillippe about our engagement, which was something I was specifically trying to avoid."
"I'm going to kill her for betraying us." Erik growled.
"No Erik! You said you would kill anyone anymore!" I panicked. Erik, upon seeing my terror, started laughing raucously. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realised that Erik had just been teasing. Erik found my response so funny that he was almost in tears because of laughter, I couldn't help but role my eyes at him.
"Don't worry, I don't plan on killing anyone anytime soon." He attempted to comfort me after his laughing fit ended.
"It would be reassuring if you promised me that you won't kill anyone." I encouraged him gently. He looked down at me, hesitating before speaking, making it clear that he was thinking it through.
"I would promise you the moon if it pleased you." He said finally.
"Then promise me this." I pushed gently "that out of love for me, you will never take the life of another."
"I promise, out of love of you Alina, that I will not kill again." He repeated slowly. I let out a happy sigh and rested my head on his chest.
"Thank you." I breathed slowly. We sat there for a couple of minutes, not speaking but rather just enjoying being in the presence of each other.
"Can we get a dog?" I asked abruptly as the thought of owning one came into my head.
"Do you want one?" He asked, looking down at me on his chest. I nodded eagerly in response.
"Then we shall get one." He stated. "What breed would you like?"
"I had a German Shepard back in my old time." I told him with a large smile on my face "his name was Wolfgang."
"After Mozart?" He asked.
"Nah, my brother just thought the name was cool." I explained.
"Would you like another German Shepard?" He asked.
"Yeah, that way I can always just have something to remind me of home." I answered "what shall we name him? I chose the breed so it's only fair that you choose the name."
"How about Sibelius?" He offered.
"I'm so excited!" I beamed "we should get him after our wedding though, It will be hard to look after him when we are both working and when we go on honeymoon."
"I couldn't agree more." He settled "We'll get him when we move into the new house I bought today."
"No way! Already? Where is it?" I asked, my eyes wide out of excitement.
"3 hours east of Paris. It's a 20 minute walk from a nearby village and half an hour walk to the church that's in the village." He answered.
"Oh that's perfect!" I cheered "what is the actually house like?"
"Well we have a large plot of land, about half an acre, the house is also going to be very big, two stories."
"Did you saying going?" I pointed out "Does that mean it hasn't been built yet?"
"Would you rather a preowned house?" He asked back.
"No, no." I answered quickly "I just didn't expect that we would be building a house."
"I was going to buy one, but I saw that the land was for sale, so I bought it" he explained "don't worry, it will be done when we come back from our honeymoon. I've already designed it and given it to the builders, they will be starting construction from tomorrow."
"Wow, everything is happening so fast." I commented
"We can move back the wedding if you feel like you need more time." Erik offered.
"No, it's fine. It's just that I feel as though with all these good things happening, that something bad is going to happen." I explained.
"Nothing bad is going to happen." Erik reassured me "how about I show you the design of the house?" He stood up and also help me up of the couch. He led me to the music room, where he had a sketch of the outside of the house and the layout of the house. The house exterior of the house was nice, a Classic Victorian styled home, but it was a humble home, which I was happy about since I had told Erik I didn't want an overwhelming home. Erik explained the house to me in detail, which allowed my mind to visualise that house. I had closed my eyes as Erik continued to explain so that I could better picture the house. In my mind, I had already filled it with furniture and I could already hear the laughter of future children as I imagined the halls of the house. I let a wistful smile fall upon my lips as I continued to venture into the house inside my mind. When Erik finally finished explaining the house to me, I remained in my imagination a couple of moments longer before opening my eyes.
"It's perfect Erik." I sighed.

"Thanks for coming to lunch with me Antoinette." I said to Madame Giry as we sat down at a table for 2 inside of a small cafe that was only a couple of minutes away from the cafe.
"It's good to be able to catch up with you again without having to have my mind on the ballet." She admitted.
"You outdid yourself with the ballet. Erik and I watched and it was absolutely splendid." I complimented.
"It wasn't just me. Madame Chené also was working with the ballerinas." She informed me, humbling herself yet keeping her proud demeanor. "We should not be talking about such things when your wedding is less than 3 weeks away."
"Antoinette, did you tell the Count De Changy about the weeding?" I asked quite abruptly. I had planned on saying it a little more gently, however I couldn't help myself when talk of the wedding came up. I noticed that her posture dropped ever so sight and despite the quick recovery made by Madame Giry, I still noticed it.
"I did tell the Count De Changy about your wedding, as he brought a few things that made me worry about the relationship between you and Erik, however now seeing you and a reflecting back on my conversation with the Count, I find my fears were quite unfounded. I apologised anything has worried you because of what I have said." She apologised.
"I assumed as much. I was trying to hide my engagement from Phillippe, but I guess it really doesn't matter, he would have eventually found out after we married." I told her.
"I am truly sorry." Madame Giry apologised again.
"I am sure you are blameless. I know that you are only looking out for me." I comforted, making it clear that I was forgiving her. "While we are only the topic of my wedding, I was talking to Christine and She told me that she and Meg had never been flower girls before. I was wondering Meg would like to be a flower girl with Christine."
"Isn't Meg getting a bit to old to be a flower girl?" Madame Giry pointed out.
"I don't mind." I answered "if she wants to be a flower girl, the. She can, but if she doesn't than that's ok."
"I'll have to ask her." Madame Giry said "you haven't told me about the cake yet. When I was planning the wedding, the only thing Charles cared about was the cake."
"I totally forgot about the reception!" I realised out loud, mentally face palming.
"The reception?" Madame Giry repeated, her eyebrows knitted with confusion.
"The party after the wedding." I explained "it's called a reception in my time.
Madame Giry nodded her head in understanding.
"I sometimes forget that your from the future." She commented "what's the world like in your time?"
"Sometimes I forget about life before now. You wouldn't believe how different it is. People drive around in horseless carriages called cars, they have phones where you can send a letter to someone and they can get it instantly and best of all, it's socially acceptable for women to wear pant and skirts that are above the knee." I began to miss the the future as I revealed the simpler changes of the future. I wanted to explain internet, but I felt like that was a little too hard to describe.
"It sounds implausible." She began "had it been coming from anyone but you, Alina, I would have thought them mad."
"Do I come across mad?" I asked, worried about how people viewed me.
"When I first met you, I had believed that you were, but I realise now that you are clearly sane and would not even dare to lie about such a thing." She answered truthful. "Talking about insanity, we must talk about your future husband."
"What has he done now?" I asked with a exasperated sigh.
"He's been relentless with his tricks lately. I don't know what is going on between him and the managers but I know that nobody has been able to have a moment of peace without sandbags dropping, props disappearing and the stage trap doors randomly opening. My poor ballet girls are too scared to step foot on stage." She ranted.
"Why don't you tell him? I'm sure he'd be more willing to stop if it was coming from you."I inquired.
"Goodness knows that I have no influence on him. You are the first person I have ever actually seen him listen to." She revealed.
"I'll see what I can do." I promised "I have a feeling I know why he's doing this."