It's what we agreed to*

"Erik! give it back!" I yelled at him as I jumped up to grab the piece of paper that was being held teasing just out of reach. "I wish your height was given to someone who would use it properly." I jumped again, once again just narrowly missing the sheet of paper as Erik put it slightly higher when I jumped.
"Come on Nina, your barely trying." He teased me. Nothing I tried seemed to work. Every time I jumped, he would just moved it higher. Every time I grabbed onto his arm to pull it down, he just passed it to the other. I once even stood on the kitchen table to be tall enough to grab it, but it just resulted in Erik stepping away from it in order to withhold the object from me.
"You know we wouldn't be doing this if you had just let me see it when I asked." He teased again.
"And I would have let you see it when it finished!" I replied as I attempted to reach it once again.
"You know what, I'm just going to start again." I sighed, resigning to the fact that I would never be able to get the sheet back from him.
"I didn't expect you to give up so easily." He said handing me back my sheet of paper. "Interesting design. What's it for?" I knew what he meant. Erik had become very well acquainted with my styles in my fashion designs, and this one was nothing like it, especially since it was for a male.
"You know how you told me that the opera there putting on has just been announced?"
"Yes, I told you it was Don Giovanni." He confirmed
"Well, I was thinking about getting a job here in the opera house as a costume designer and I thought maybe I could show the other managers my designs." I confessed.
"Why would you want to get a job at the opera house?" He asked, sounding almost wounded.
"Well, isn't that what we agreed to? I could stay with you until I could assimilate into Parisian society." I said.
"It'll be strange when you leave, being alone again." He commented "I guess I got used to having you around."
"I'll miss living with you too Erik." I began thinking about how'll I'll probably have to rent a small flat near the opera house by myself when a sudden idea struck me "hey, me getting a job doesn't mean I have to move out. I guess if you still want me here, I could pay board and we could still keep each other company."
"I wouldn't make you pay board if you were to stay here Alina."
"I want to, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. For all we know, I might not even get the job." I said.
"You forget that I have a big influence on the managers. Consider the job already yours." He smirked. "On another note I wanted to ask if you wanted to come with me tonight to the opening of Mozart's The Magic Flute."
"Sure. I've never been to an opera before." I said
"What?" Erik said shocked "Do they not perform opera's in the future?"
"Oh they do." I responded. "It's just not as popular. Instead people watch musicals where it's very similar but it's not just singing, there's also talking."
"Musicals, huh." He seemed to think out loud, as if he was trying wrap his head around the concept. "What's your favourite musical?" I hesitated for a second.
"The Phantom of the Opera followed closely by Anastasia."
"I thought you said I was part of a book? He asked, sounding confused as if he thought there was another phantom of the opera.
"You are, but that book was turned into a musical. The score for it is sick."
"Someone made an opera about me." He said to himself, with a slight smile on his face. I began to worry. I really didn't want Erik doing drastic things on purpose to try and get a musical based on him.
"It's a musical and may I remind you it's based on the book which did not paint you in a great light." I corrected him. The slight smile drop from his face and he straightened out his posture. I felt bad for ruining his little moment of happiness but I really didn't want him to get hurt the way that is detailed in the book.