The full opera experience*

"Nina, they're about to start." Erik called out as the put on his cloak. I quickly slotted in some simple silver earrings that I had been wear when I was teleported over. I was wearing a white, full length dress with a a square neckline, it had subtle subtle bishop sleeves  that I had made myself and had hand embroidered with crawling glowers on the skirt and sleeves one night while I was bored. It wasn't an extravagant dress, but I still loved it and it was enough to wear to an opera, at least back in my time. I had only done a little blush, eyeshadow and mascara as I didn't particularly trust the makeup of the past to not kill me. To complete my look I had put my hair in a bun with a few strands loose for face framing. I walk out of my room and saw Erik's eyes go wide. He stood there for a while staring at me before speaking.
" Do you have a cloak?" He asked.
"No." I answered "Do I need one?"
"Yes. The cellars are very cold at night, Tonight you can use mine but you may need to make one yourself if you will be returning down here after work." He then went into his room and quickly returned with a black cloak identical to the one he was wearing. I looked almost comical in his cloak has it was way to big for me, however it was really warm.
We took the boat across the lake, this being my second ride in here since I've been here since Erik and I had never left his house together and he didn't believe that I could row the boat all the way across the lake, so instead  I was made to  take the less dramatic route that took longer that didn't use the lake whenever we wanted to leave. This boat ride was a lot more pleasant than the first, which still makes me cringe looking back on how awkward it was. The trip across the lake was not a short trip, however it was not long either making it perfect for light conversation. Erik laughed at how he told me that I didn't need to dress up since no one would be seeing us and yet despite this I still dressed up anyway. I reasoned that it was my first time and I wanted the full opera experience. He had laughed at this and informed me that he would tell me what was happening throughout the opera as I wouldn't be able to read the program. I also asked him to tell me when to clap because I heard that there were special times when you are supposed to do that, which he promised he would tell me.

We had made it up to the box 5 just as the orchestra struck up to start the overture.
"Just in time." I heard Erik say to me softly. We sat down in the seats of box 5, which I noticed was in the shadows. I guessed, just like everyone else, that the phantom would like box 5 because it had the best view, but looking at the other boxes, they seemed to have the same view. The only difference was that all the other boxes were flooded with light and you could exactly who was siting in them. However in box 5, the shadow covered the seats so you couldn't see the person who was sitting down but if you were to stand at the balcony, you would be able to be seen. That meant that the person in box 5 had the ability to be seen if they wanted to or not. However, I believe that the shadows couldn't totally cover us and if a person looked hard enough, they would be able to see a the faint outline of a person, which I guess is what the phantom would want.
The overture ended and soon the singing began.
"Umm Erik, what language are they singing in?" I asked in a hushed tone.
"German." He whispered back
"Okay... I'm hearing English though." I replied, whispering back.
"We'll talk about it during intermission." He said, still keeping the conversation soft. I tried my hardest to enjoy the opera but at 20 minutes in, I started having my spells. I don't know exactly what's happening to my body during these times and I'd never been to a doctor about since I never found them that serious. During these spells I felt a little dizzy and my eyes always rolled back as if I was going to faint. I never got them much back in my time, usually just during stressful times such as exam week and nothing ever came from the except a temporary loss of balance. I had been getting a lot recently however, especially in the last week however I had been able to hide them from Erik by pretending they were just a loss of balance making him believe that I was the biggest klutz of all time. However tonight was different, I originally was getting them roughly every ten minutes but overtime it lessened to every 5 minutes and at this point it was barely two minutes before they started again. I had developed an awful headache from it all and began feeling incredibly dizzy. I had given up on the opera ages ago and I knew I wouldn't be able to last in the box much longer. Erik seemed very into the opera at the moment so I didn't really want to take away from it to much.
"Erik, I'm sorry but I really need some air." I said softly getting up. I was unsure if he just didn't reply or I didn't hear his reply but despite this I still got up and left the box as quietly as possible. I walked in the hall outside of the boxes, still unsure of what I was doing. I accidentally bump into a small girl.
"I'm so sorry." I said to the girl.
"Oh no miss! I'm sorry. I was running and not looking where I was going." The girl replied sweetly "are you here watching the opera?" She asked.
"Yes." I replied slowly. At this point the room was running circles around me.
"Well the Paris opera house puts on the best operas in the world! I hope to be on that stage one day, maybe you'll watch me!" She said excitedly which earned a weak smile and a small nod from me. "Well, I better be going miss, nice meeting you!" I didn't even make 5 steps past here before everything went black.