Fresh start

Touching down in Guatemala, Raila grabbed a taxi and had it drive her to a resort hotel near by. She checked into the room and dropped her bags at the door.

Walking over to the bed she dropped down and drifted off into sleep

Four hours later
Andrés walked through the airport and stopped once he got to the entrance. Walking around to all the taxi cabs drivers telling the same story he told the ticket lady, they all replied by saying they hadn't given Raila a ride until he got to the last one. Telling Andrés the resort he had taken Raila to he offered to drive him there. Andrés jumped into the back of the cab and they headed off to the resort. Raila had woken up from her nap and headed downstairs to partake in happy hour. Sitting at the bar throwing back her third mimosa, she heard a familiar voice at the check in counter. She ran off from the bar and hid behind pool door. Waiting until she saw Andrés walk off and down the hall she darted down the other hallway and through the back of the resort. Making her way through the crowds, she heard someone scream her name from the balcony. It was Andrés staring her down looking angry. She made a dash through the crowd out into the streets. As she was running through the streets Andrés was chasing after her. Running down the street Raila dodged in and out of traffic until she was hit by a car. Once again she was running away from Andrés and everything went dark.
At the hospital
"Raila"
"Yes mama?" Raila said playing with her dolls
"I need you to be strong for me baby" her mother said stroking her hair. Little Raila flexed her muscles. Her mother laughed and began to cough violently.
"Mommy I'm gonna get the doctor." Walking out the room she went to the nurses station. "Excuse me my mommy is coughing again." She said standing on her tippy toes
"Alright sweetheart I'll have the doctor come and see your mommy in just a second." The nurse smiled and Raila skipped back into the room.
"Mommy the doctor will be here in a second." She said grabbing her mothers hand. Her mother turned to her and let out a weak smile.
"I love you baby" she said before closing her eyes. The machine began to beep rapidly. The doctors and the nurses came rushing in and started to perform CPR on Raila's mother. A nurse came in and grabbed Raila taking her out of the room.
"Is my mommy going to be ok?" Raila asked with tears in her eyes. The nurse smiled and hugged her.

Raila woke up from her dream and looked around the room. She was in a hospital plugged up to multiple machines. Looking out the window to the hospital she saw Andrés talking to who she assumed to be the doctor. The two looked at her through the window and rushed back into the room.
"I was not expecting you to be awake just yet. Tell me do your remember anything before your accident." The doctor asked shinning a light into her eyes. She pulled back and winced at the light.
"No. I can only remember getting ready to go out with my friend and that's it. " she said pulling the blanket over her. The doctor and Andrés looked at one another. Andrés walked to her bedside and sat down in the chair next to her.
"You don't remember me?" He asked
She looked at him and smiled. "No, I'm sorry. The only people I remember are my foster parents, my best friend, and my mom."She ran her hands through her hair and a tear ran down her face. "I can't remember anything. I can't remember you or my accident or where I even am." She sobbed more. Andrés stood up and hugged her to close to his chest. He thought to himself he could tell her everything that happened  and turn her life further upside down or he could start something new for her.  He pulled away and held her hand.
" You're in Guatemala right now. You and I had a bit of a disagreement and you ran off and as you were walking in the street a car hit you." Andres said sitting back down."We're dating one another." Raila sat up in the hospital bed and pulled away from Andrés.
"Are you sure?" She asked. Andrés was a bit hurt by her question. "I don't mean to be rude but you're not my type really."
"Well you weren't my first choice either." He barked back. Raila punched him in his arm.
"Doctor how soon would it be before I would be able to leave?"
"Maybe another day or two. We just need to run a couple of test. You had a pretty traumatic head injury." Laying back Raila let out a sigh.
Two days later

Andrés came to the hospital that morning to collect Raila. He had came to the room but it was empty. Walking to the nurses desk he waited until she was done with her call.
"Excuse me do you know where Raila Connery went?" He smiled at the lady
"She checked out about thirty minutes ago. She asked for us to get her a taxi to the airport. The taxi maybe left about 10 minutes ago." Andrés stormed out of the hospital doors and got into the cab he had waiting for him. He had the taxi take him to the airport. Frantically searching around he stopped when he saw Raila sitting on a bench next to the ticket booth. He walked up to her and sat next to her.
"You had me worried." He said
"I just wanted to go back home but I realized I had nothing to travel with." She said with tears streaming down her face
"I'm gonna get us a ticket back home. I've got your bags with me. " Andrés walked up to the ticket lady and got their tickets back home. Walking to the gate  they boarded the plane and headed back home. Touching down four hours later the two walked through the airport and got into Andrés car.
"Can you take me home?" She squeaked out.
"Yea" the two rode in silence for the two hour car drive. Andrés pulled up to her apartment and she got out the car grabbing her bags. She walked over to the drivers side and knocked on the window. Andrés stepped out the car and leaned against the door.
"Thank you for everything. I know I wasn't the kindest to you but I am thankful. Whatever fight we had that led to my accident... I just want to put it behind me and for us to start fresh." She smiled and held his hand. He stared at her as the sun hit her eyes making the brown orbs glow. Her smile was intoxicating.Andrés pushed off the car and grabbed Raila by the back of her neck and began to passionately kiss her. Dropping her bags Raila wrapped her arms around Andrés as he picked her up and carried her up the stairs of her apartment. She pulled from him to get the key under the mat and unlocked the door. Pushing the door open Andrés and Raila resumed their passionate kiss. Making his way to the couch Andrés fell back and pulled Raila on top of him. Grinding against him Raila pulled him off her lips and pulled his head on her neck. He began to unbutton her shirt just as the door slammed closed.
"Well welcome back home bitch." Lana said with her arms crossed.