Chapter 13 - Golden

"Let's go get rich guys."JJ's voice sounded from inside John B's van as you stepped out, flashlight illuminating the dark alleyway around the Crain House. John B placed a hand on your shoulder before you could move any further,"Wait, wait," you stopped in your place, turning around to face the group as John B looked around at you all, "I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight."His words caused a beaming smile to spread across you face. You wrapped your arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer to you."Always," Kie affirmed."We'd do anything for you JB," you echoed.

"Of course, man," Pope said, leaning forward to give him a bro shake. He smiled at Sarah, the sentimental moment hung in the air before JJ's voice cut through it,

"All right, we done with the circle jerk? Can we go do this?"

You rolled your eyes at him, stepping back out of the doorway allowing your friends to exit the van.

"Let's get that wheat in the water!" Pope exclaimed.

"Weed? I'm up for weed." JJ interjected. You scoffed,

"Wheat, JJ, wheat," you said emphasising the t. He looked a little disappointed, but nonetheless run in front of you, climbing up the stone wall before stopping, turning around and extending his hand. You smiled up at him, taking his hand and allowing him to help hoist you over the wall. The 6 of you walked forwards before a blinding light shone from the house. You all ducked, quickly turning off your flashlights as you hid.

"Shit," Sarah gasped.

"Flashlights!" Pope called. JJ was struggling with his, the light flickering on and off very quickly.

"It's on strobe!" You leaned forward, shoving his hands out the way grabbing the light and flicking it off. You exhaled deeply, all of you puffing from the adrenaline.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights." Pope pointed out.

"We could, uh... move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggested.

"What?" Sarah snapped, confused. You just groaned.

"That's not how it works," Pope stated.

"Oh shit!" John B exclaimed, "let's throw a rock at it."

"What?" Pope squeaked.

"That's a really good idea. Let the axe murderer know that we're here," Kie echoed his disdain for the idea.

"Throw a rock at it?" you asked him accusingly.

"You have a better idea?" he countered.

"Literally anything but that."

"What about the breaker?" Sarah cut you off, "In the circuit box on the porch. We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids. And if we were brave enough, we'd go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it."

"No, no. You're not going in the house alone," John B protested.

"Watch me."

"Crain chops people into pieces," JJ said to her, still only a hint of fear in his voice.

"If you believe that, but she's like what, 85? She's probably barely still kicking."

"Here, I'll go with you," Kie volunteered.

"We'll wait for your signal," Pope said as the two girls stood up.

"Are you coming?" Kie asked you.

"Nah I'll let you two do your Velma and Louise thing," you responded, "I'll keep the boys in check while you're gone."

"Hey! Be safe," John B told Sarah as her and Kiara began to walk towards the house.