you are ahead by a century

ten years had passed since the faithful wedding of anne and gilbert and a lot had changed over the past decade for the two of them.

anne and gilbert had moved to the village of four winds in p.e.i. there, they had taken up residence in a small house anne had described as the "house of dreams", and gilbert took over his uncle's medical practice in the nearby town of glen st. mary. they then moved to ingleside and into an older home closer to gilbert's work.

in that short amount of time, the couple had also produced seven beautiful children. their names being joyce, jem, walter, nan, diana, shirley, and rilla. the children definitely kept the two busy but they were beyond proud of the family and lives they had created for themselves.

a few years after the wedding, diana and fred had also gotten married. this time anne being the maid of honor and gilbert being the best man. let's just say anne got back at diana for embarrassing her during her speech at her wedding.

together diana and fred had three splendid children as well. their names being fred jr., anne cordelia, and jack. the two boys looked much like their father, round and red, but they were perfect to their parents. and their daughter had definitely gotten her beauty and brain from her mother, to which everyone in then was grateful and envious of.

the four best friends, though not living near each other, stayed close and tried to make annual visits with each other to ensure they never lose their chemistry.

***

"anne-girl" gilbert said while softly rubbing her shoulder, "their carriage just arrived.

without saying a word to gilbert, anne flew out of their bed and down the stairs to greet her bosom friend and her husband.

"diana!" she screamed as she raced to it.

"oh anne!" the raven hairs girl yelled back as she jumped out of the cart.

the two embraced each other as the children peacefully left the carriage and while fred swiftly walked to gilbert also embracing him.

the four said their greetings and tears were shed between the two girls.

anne watched as her children mingled with diana's and fred, as she held her husband hand gently.  looking around she realized all she was thankful for in that moment.

gilbert

her house

her friends

her children

and

everyone's health and happiness

all seemed right with the world again for anne.

this was her happy place and she couldn't be more thrilled.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH AND IM MORE THAN GRATEFUL FOR YOU ALL!!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!!!

p.s. keep a look out for a new book coming out either this week or the next.