38 | the evil twins

HOLLY DANIELS

The first thing that I awoke to was darkness, my eyes restricted by something. What is happening?

My blood quickly went cold when my mind registered all that has happened.

Kara? Kai? I involuntarily shivered when I remembered the scolding water that was thrown onto my face, by the feeling of my skin the burn had healed but the memory still shook me.

Kara threw hot water directly at me-- that bitch

I instinctively let out a growl just thinking about her. Then, I heard a noise.

"Ooh, I think she's awake!" I heard a giggle from in front of me and I recognised the voice instantly-- Kara.  A growl brewed within me but something felt off. 

I called for my wolf, yet all I was met with was the echoing silence in my head. My wolf wasn't with me? 

"What--" My voice was rough and dry as I spoke. "--What did you do to me?" I snarled, trying to move but then quickly that I couldn't move-- both my arms and legs were constricted by the chair I was sitting on by silver.

As I pulled on the chains, I expected a hot flash of pain to go through my body-- yet nothing of the sort happened. What?  

"Hey!" I yelled as I felt hands fumble on my face. "What are you--" Suddenly, I was met with a blinding light, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut. 

After a while, I slowly opened my eyes and my vision blurred slightly before focusing on a face right in front of me, smiling widely with teeth as their eyes sparkled with mischief. 

Kara.

Instantly, I threw my head back only to lunge it forward and spitting in her face. It directly hit her in the eye, causing her to flinch away with eyes shut. "Fuck!" She yelped. 

An almost sinister smile spread across my face, watching her even in the slightest bit of pain make me happy. 

"You're a little bitch, aren't you?" She spat out, wiping off her face before moving her head back to my direction. 

She was standing away from me, however, she had pressed her hands on to her knees and leaned forward so our faces were inches away from each other. 

I went to spit on her again, but this still she held onto my face, her palm blocking my mouth from making. 

"Do that again, and I'll cut your tongue off. Got it, little Luna?" Her tone was insulting and I narrowed my eyes at her viciously. "I said, got it?" She repeated, squeezing her hand further into my face. Reluctantly, I nodded my head with my eyes connected with her. 

She hummed in approval before lifting her hand off my mouth. 

"There you go, look how easy that was." She smiled, before pushing back. 

"What did you do to me?" I asked again, my voice sinister as my glare got stronger. 

She gave me a blank look. "Did you not see the boiling hot water I threw in your face?" She asked rhetorically, rolling her eyes at me.

Again, I growled at her, gritting my teeth and attempting to show my fangs in rage. Attempting being the correct word considering that I didn't have my wolf at the moment, I couldn't grow out my fangs and it was frustrating me. 

"What did you do to my wolf?" I snapped at her. She laughed humourlessly, moving behind her and leaning on the chair behind her.  

"Oh me?" She chuckled before shaking her head at me. "No, no I didn't do anything to you actually. That was all my brother." She said as she gave me a smirk, tilting her chin down and looking up at me.