25 | hit the road, jack

"Can I borrow your phone?" I asked Eliza as we sat slumped on Theo's couch waiting for the boys to be finished in the office. For hours they have been stuck in the office, neglecting to tell us what was going on and slowly but surely it was getting on my nerves.

I was going to be the Luna of this pack eventually, shouldn't I be part of this? 

Maybe I will thinking to highly of myself. 

Eliza cocked her head to the side and she glanced at my weirdly, grabbing my phone from my pocket. "You haven't got a phone?" I scoffed. 

"I didn't really get the option to when I was ripped from my own home." I spoke rather bitterly despite being over being kidnapped by my own mate, the irritation of not knowing what was eating up all of Theo's time was clearly getting to me. 

"Understandable." Eliza nodded, throwing her phone to me which I caught effortlessly.  "Who are you going to call?" 

"My brother." 

I had finally made the decision to talk to my brother, see how he was doing after I went missing. I wondered what my father told everyone when I chose to stay with Theo. Part of me wanted to ask Jack straight if he knew about out father's past but I would have to wait, maybe even invite him over here so we could talk in person. 

"I'll give you privacy." Eliza stood up, patting my shoulder before leaving the room, leaving me in the room alone to sit and think of what I was going to say to my brother that I hadn't seen in weeks. 

Was it different in the pack since I left, was anyone bothered that I was gone? Obviously I wouldn't want anything change, but the thought still came up. 

I also wanted to know how my mother was doing. Despite not really want to face my father just yet because of things he had done, I still wanted to talk to my mother. Yes, everything technically happened because my mother killed Theo's aunt but I still wanted to see how she was doing. 

She is still sick, after all. 

Typing in my brother's phone number I was slowly getting anxious. Did he hate me because I chose to stay and leave everyone behind without a word, did he even want to talk to me?

Jack and I had the same sibling rivalry that every other sibling pair shared, but we loved each other to bits. If he was hurt, I was patch him up. If I was hurt, he would hunt down what hurt me to the ends of the earth. We were a team, even when his mate Lia turned up, we were the team of all teams. 

It scared me to know I could have potentially ruined it all for following my heart, despite staying with Theo with the intention of making my mother happy for her daughter. 

The ringing of the phone as I waited for Jack to answer the phone shook me to the core, the nerves in my stomach bundling up and I could feel my heart racing. 

"Hello?" His voice rang in my ears, tears springing in my eyes but not falling as heard my brother's voice for the first time in weeks. We were never apart, despite him being older than me we were stuck to each other as if we were inseparable twins. 

"Hello?" He repeated. 

"Hey Jack." My voice was nothing but a whisper as I replied to my big brother. 

"Hollister?" It was amazing how we could recognise each other just by our voices. "Oh my god, Holly is that actually you?" His voice was low and rushed. I heard rustling as if he was moving. 

"Yeah Jack, it's me. I'm sorry I never called I--" 

"Oh my god Holly, how are you calling me right now? Are you okay?" He spoke rushed and his voice was laced with worry, causing my brows furrow but I didn't question it. He hadn't heard from me for weeks, he would obviously be overwhelmed with emotions.