17 | don't push limits

Theo Hampton

Walking into the meeting I called, the room was stiff. 

Everyone knew how important Cardella was to me, especially now that it was only her and I after my brother was taken by Alpha Hayden.

Storming to the head chair, I scanned the room of everyone that was seated. Main warriors-- other best warriors-- were seated among us awaiting their orders, both my Gamma and Beta were still standing as they waited for my appearance. Our best hunters and trackers sitting around the table, their equipment ready to be set up by my word. 

I couldn't help but let out a growl through my gritted teeth as I sat down, the only thing I would think about was where my sister could be. 

My heart ached thinking about where my sister could be, I could hear within me my wolf howling in pain. Him-- just like me-- holds my family close to my heart, having lost my parents so young scarred me as a child and ever since then I've promised to protect my family as much as I could. 

But I failed-- my brother was taken from me while we all slept, and now my sister was thieved from under our noses. 

"Alpha," Grey spoke up, bowing his head down in respect with every other person in the room following in tow. 

I cleared my throat; "What do you know?" 

"Cardella's scent was last found at the edge of the border, but we couldn't find any other scent. The hunters believe that whoever had taken Cardella was helped by a witch who covered their sc--" 

Suddenly, Grey was cut off by a slam of a door-- the front door. Instantly after the noise, our noses were filled with the scent of vanilla and soil. I shot up from my seat, zooming out of the meeting room with the pack members following behind.

In the front room was Cardella, who looked unharmed and dressed in only a long short sleeved top and leggings. 

"Cardella!" I shouted, her head snapping back at me with shock evident on her face. Her hand shot up to her chest as she jumped up.

"Gosh Theo! You scared the life out of me!" She sent me a glare which only triggered my wolf's rage. 

"I scared you?" I growled lowly, stepping closer to my wide-eyed little sister. "Where the fuck were you? You had all of us worried fucking sick Cardella! We thought you had been taken!" I roared, my wolf trying to push through. 

Cardella rolled her eyes, moving away from me-- however my hand shot up and grabbed her forearm, harshly pulling her back in space.

"Theo!"

"Where the fuck did you go?" I repeated, I was seething. 

"I went out for a run, why is that so bad?" She tried her hardest not to raise her voice, I could tell. She knew it was disrespectful to raise her voice at her Alpha, especially when he had loyal and respectful members of his pack standing inches away from them. 

"Without your guards?" It was true Cardella had guards, ever since Adrian was taken I had commanded the best guards that were in the pack to protect Cardella at all costs. It was for her own protect but in another way for mine as well-- if anything were to happen to my little sister, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. 

It irritates me that I don't know what I would do if I ever lost Cardella and it reminds me what my own father done for his sister-- to avenge his sister. My father was ready to go to the ends of the world to avenge his sister, he threw almost everything away-- he threw away himself. He always stayed true to my mother, but he was different to everyone else even his children.