24 | have faith

"Alpha, Luna." Pack members walked past me while Theo and I made our way around the park after his speech, bowing their heads to us in respect as they went on with their day. 

There were smiles all around the park after Theo announced that he had found their mate-- no one seemed to care who I was, or who I could be, the only thing that mattered to them was that they finally had a Luna after twenty years. 

After Theo's speech, he has been stuck to my side as people congratulated us and welcoming me. 

Despite the announcement of me being Theo's mate, I still wasn't the pack's official Luna until a ceremony was held-- a ceremony that can only be held on a full moon. 

"Theo!" Suddenly, Theo was no longer at my side. Coldness brushed against my skin as if his warmth was ripped away from me. Snapping my head to the side, I saw a young woman-- the same young woman that wasn't exactly pleased to hear about me. 

The young woman had wrapped her arms tightly around Theo neck, his arms instinctively following to her waist after he recovered from the shock. I felt my brows furrow as I narrowed my eyes towards the two, my wolf roaring in my head as I watched another woman all over my mate.

Within me, my wolf growled however, I managed to hold it in. Seeing someone so close to our mate displeased my wolf immensely. 

"God, I've missed you so much!" The girl in Theo's arms chirped, pulling away but leaving her arms securely around his neck making them seem too close for my comfort. 

"Faith?" Theo pulled his arms away from her body, pulling her arms off of him gently and forming distance between the two. "What are you doing here?" The girl smiled up at my mate giddy. 

"I decided to come back from training camp to surprise you and Ella, silly! I've been looking for you this entire time but clearly, you were a bit occupied." She replied, her eyes shifting to me slyly as she spoke. I let a low growl, my eyes narrowing further in her direction. 

She hadn't done anything, but I was still annoyed at her presence. I didn't really have a reason at this very moment, but I didn't care. 

Keep your hands to your bloody self.

Theo's head snapped to me at the sound of my growl, his eyes widening a fraction before a ghost smile fell upon his lips, the corner of his lip twitching slightly as he smirked. He stretched his arm out of him as he pulled me closer to him, his arm resting on my shoulders. 

"Holly," He addressed me. "This is Faith, she is Cardella's best friend and a close family friend." I turned to Faith, giving her a fake smile as she looked back at me and sending me one of her own. "Faith, this is my mate Holly." 

"Big bad Alpha has a mate, about time." She laughed, a hand stretched out to slap Theo on the arm. Unconsciously I let out a little growl, quickly acting by faking a cough to hide it. I wasn't sure if it worked as Theo squeezed on my shoulders, leaning in my hair as he muffled a laugh. 

Slowly but surely I was getting pissed off to the limit.

How could he think it was funny? Clearly this girl was trying to flirt with him and he had to know that unless he was thick in the head. 

How could he simply let on her hit on him like that? Were they like this before? Before I came?

The thought of the two of them getting it on before he even knew about me made me feel absolutely repulsed. 

I pulled myself away from Theo, attempting to walk away from the two-- who obviously seemed chuffed to be in each other's presence. I, however, wanted no point in their lovely conversation.