Ventinueve

Kazee's POV

Halos walang imik kami ni Annie habang pababa sa hospital. She was silent and still classy.

"You know? I'm so proud of you both." she smiled when we reached the parking lot.

I cleared my throat. "Thank you."

"You look like you want to ask something. You want to drink coffee? My treat." She offered.

She's so fucking nice. I smiled. "Baka kailangan na ni Ynoa ang mga damit."

Umiling siya. "She have a lot of extra. She just wanted to make me bring a lot of things." She chuckled.

Ngumiti na din ako. "Sige."

"There's a near coffee shop. Let's go?"

Tahimik kami sa byahe hanggang sa makarating sa coffee shop. She ordered strong espresso for the both of us. And I have learned to love strong coffees when I lived in Paris.

"How old are you by the way?" She asked.

"Twenty five." I answered and  she only smiled.

She thanked the waitress when she gave our orders.

"So...what do you want to ask?" She sipped her coffee.

"What happened to your engagement with Nathan?"

She smiled and put down her coffee as if she's expecting my question.

"Our engagement was called off years ago."

Agad na kumunot ng noo ko. "Bakit?"

She chuckled. "I had to go back to America for personal reasons."

Tumango na din ako at uminom ng kape.

She cleared her throat. "About your...uhh...cuts." nag-aalanganin niyang sambit.

I smiled at her. She still remembers it? "I am now fine.. I consulted psychiatrist when I was in Paris." pag-amin ko.

It was so hard for me. Because of wanting to feel something I continued hurting myself. And I recovered from my depression. And Jairo was patient and so understanding with me.

It was the darkest times of my life.. I was so young when I married Nathan. He became my world and life that is why when we broke up, I completely lost myself and even my sanity. I had to take anti-depressive drugs.. Sleeping pills have been my bestfriends. My family hated me for runing away from home. My father never talked to me and asked how am I. It was so hard.. And the person I've loved the most. I became so dependent with Nathan...that I wasn't able to live without him. It was so hard and difficult.