#OneShot for @amy_paige96

“Fine, Jay. Fine. I haven’t seen you all day, and you’re off out again? Do I even exist?”

You throw your suitcase onto the bed and start shoving clothes in, angrily.

“Amy. Listen to me, please.” You turn, cross your arms and glare at him.

He blinks back with huge, ocean-blue eyes. You can feel yourself melting inside but you stay firmly put. “Why do you act like I’m not even here half the time?”

“Amy, don’t say that. You’re everything to me, okay? And I’m… look, I’m shaking like mad!” Jay holds out his hand for you to study and you see that he’s trembling.

“Why?” You ask, unfolding your arms and stepping closer.

“I’m battling with myself, okay? I had something I needed to do but I was too frightened and I kept putting it off. I was waiting for the right moment.” He sits down on the chair on the balcony and sighs.

“It can’t have been THAT important, Jay. Is it work, or…”

“No, it’s not work.”

“Are you seeing another girl?”

“No, NO! It’s nothing like that. I love you, A. I love you so, so much.” His voice cracks as he says this, and he takes a deep breath. He gently places his hands on your cheeks and tilts your face up to meet his eyes.

“This really isn’t the romantic setting I’d been planning for so long but, uhh…” You watch as he produces a small navy, square box from his pocket and lowers to one knee. Sunlight glints off of the white gold and diamond.

Thiscan’tbehappening ohmygodshit don’tcrydon’tcryAmy he’sperfectohgodohgodohgod thisisreallyhappening-

“Amy Paige, will you marry me?”

Everything inside you plummets and then soars back up, your heart pounding so hard that it might float up into your throat.

You can’t form any words so you grab his hand and pull him up, pushing yourself up onto your tiptoes and wrapping your arms around his neck. You nod, the first tears already falling.

“Yes. Yes yes yes, yes! Of course.” You whisper. You can feel his eyelashes brushing your cheek as he kisses you and through his shirt you feel his racing heart finally begin to slow.