#OneShot for Ellie

Maybe it was his curly hair, just showing on the top of his head, or maybe it was the way his voice demanded to be heard. Either way, you couldn’t take your eyes off the guy standing across the park. Your ears were filled with the sound of his laughter, causing your eyes to stayed glued to him. He was gorgeous. Everything about him. You couldn’t help but notice all the girls swarming around him, as he continued to talk telling them a story.

As you turned to walk back to your flat, you felt a hand rest on your shoulder. Whipping back around, you saw the same guy who so easily drew your attention.

"Sorry, your… um… hair whipped my eye," he laughed.

"Oh. Sorry about that!" you smiled still drunk off his laugh.

"To make up for it, you have to say yes to what I’m about to ask you," he blinked repeatedly testing his vision.

"I don’t think that’s exactly fair, but let’s see what it is," you just stared at him.

Now that he was closer, you finally got a better look. His light brown curls matched his blue eyes, which lit up when he talked. His voice was smooth and intoxicating like his laugh. You watched his hand go to the back of his neck as he rubbed it looking down before letting his eyes settle on yours.

"Do you wanna go out on a date sometime?" he asked with nerves filling his voice.

You couldn’t believe what came out of his mouth. Glancing around, you saw a small group of teenage girls that were still lingering around. Letting out a heavy sigh, you just looked back at the guy in front of you.

"I don’t think so. Sorry," you shrugged before walking away.

"Why not?!" he half yelled before catching up with you.

"First I don’t even know your name, so why would I go out on a da-"

"I’m Jay. Jay McGuiness. You are?"

"I'm Els, but that’s not the point I’m trying to make," you rolled your eyes.

"Well what could possibly be the point?" he asked.

With a sudden force, you stopped yourself. He kept walking a few more feet before stopping completely and turning around to face you. Annoyance was filling your veins as you looked at him. It was impossible for you to be able to wrap your head around how such a gorgeous guy was trying to ask you, simple plain you, out on a date.

"Why don’t you go ask one of those girls, who have been following you since the park, out on a nice date," you half snapped.

"I’m hurt by that Els," he put his hand on his chest.

It was the way he said your name that you just wanted to melt into his arms.

"How are you hurt by that Jay?" adding emphasis to his name.

He took a step closer. “I wanna go out on a date with you.”

"Why?" you questioned more for yourself than for him.

His eyes lit up. His hands grew a little frantic while the rest of his body tried to stay standing still. He thought for a second, which gave you the perfect opportunity to start walking away from him again. You made it five steps before you heard his voice again.

"You want to know why Els?" he said as more of a statement than a question. "Well, I think you are beautiful, not just plain beautiful either. I mean the breath taking kind that you just want to take pictures of because you think your mind is playing tricks on you. I find your eyes to be piercing and your hair perfect. Need I go on?"

Shaking your head from side to side, you looked at him. As you stood staring at him, he let his feet approach you. Taking both your hands in his, he looked straight into your eyes.

"So about that date?" he let out a small laugh before lacing his fingers with your and heading toward a small cafe.