Chapter 17: Save Me

"Jisung! Please wake up! Breathe for me! Please! Anyone! Help! Jisung," Kai shouted in desperation after performing CPR on him.

The color of his skin hasn't returned yet, so Kai takes off her cardigan, she takes off Jisung's shirt too, and then she covers him with her clothing.

Kai starts to shake, " Did I do something wrong with the compression uncontrollably? Why isn't he opening his eyes? Jisung, please, don't leave me. Please wake up!"

I jumped right away in the pool when I saw Jisung's figure. That's why I forgot to remove my phone from my pockets, and now it's not even turning on. I need to ask for help, but I can't leave him.

Kai shakes him by the shoulders, "No, this can't be. Jisung, please wake up! I still have many things I want to do with you, please, you can't just leave this world yet."

A few seconds later, he coughs. Kai couldn't contain her emotions, she felt like crying, but at the same time, she is also happy because he is finally breathing again.

Kai squeezes his cold hands, "Jisung? Thank goodness. Wait here, okay? I'll call the others for help," Kai said, and she hurriedly went to ask for help.

Several minutes ago, the Jisung from the other dimension visited me. He was trying to travel here one last time to give his gift to me. However, he was unable to. He said that there are only two reasons why someone couldn't travel to another world-line. It is either a person who doesn't really exist in that dimension or something terrible has happened to that individual. After receiving the news from him, I woke up from my nap and immediately went outside to ask for Jisung's whereabouts. Chan told me that several minutes ago, Jisung went inside to check on me. I noticed that most of them had already drunk the alcoholic beverages that Hyunjin brought. I quickly run back inside and try to search for him. I heard my friends' worried shouts, but I didn't look back because I need to find him as soon as possible.

࿐ ˚ . ❁

Kai returns to the place where she left Jisung with two medical staff from the resort's small clinic. She also brought Chan along with me while Minho and Jinyoung stayed to watch over the others since they are the only ones who are still sober.

They carried him to the clinic and let him rest.

Chan sees Kai's condition and pulls her into a hug, "You look like you're about to crumble into pieces. Are you alright?"

Kai couldn't hold back the tears in her eyes any longer. That's why she let them finally fall, "I-I thought I would lose another important person in my life. The thought of losing one of you scares me to death..."

Chan pats her back gently, "Don't blame yourself, okay? We shouldn't have left Jisung on his own. Knowing that he has drunk a lot."

Kai takes a deep breath, "You shouldn't blame yourself too. Will he be alright?"

"You saved him, Kai, so he'll be alright. He just needs some rest, so you should do the same too. We will take turns in watching over him," Chan said after pulling away from the hug.

Kai looks up at him, "Alright, you too."

࿐ ˚ . ❁

Kai wakes up around three in the morning. No matter how many times she tried, she couldn't go back to sleep, so she decided to visit Jisung in the clinic.

She goes inside and sees Jisung on the bed, staring at the window, while Minho is on the sofa sleeping. Kai fixes the blanket placed on Minho, and then she approaches Jisung.

"Jisung," She softly said as she embraces him.

Jisung becomes stiff, but he starts to relax when he realizes the owner of the voice, "Kai, I'm sorry for causing trouble on your birthday celebration-"

She tightens her arms around him, "I thought I'd lose you."

Jisung can feel the sadness in her tone, "Kai..." He trails off.

Kai lets out a sigh before pulling her body away from him, "What happened? Why did you drink too much, and how did you end up in the pool?"

Jisung looks away, "You've been avoiding me since last night, so it really bothered me. I can't help but think that maybe I unconsciously hurt you. Those are my worries while drinking, and I barely noticed that I was close to exceeding my limit. So I excused myself to get to you. I wanted to ask you the reason why you're ignoring me. I thought I was heading towards your room, but I ended up falling into the isolated pool," Jisung looks at Kai directly in the eyes, "I heard you're the one who rescued me. Thank you, Kai."

"Are you sure you weren't heading to the pool?" Kai asked.

Jisung has been through a lot. He was bullied by his peers and was neglected by his parents. He experienced something terrible with Younghyun. However, the latter was the only one who received treatment from a psychologist. I can't help but think that maybe he's unaware that he is inflicting harm on himself, but it is my first time to witness his reckless behavior. I should talk about this matter with Minho, Younghyun, and Sungjin later.

Jisung nods, "I'm sorry."

Kai once again pulls Jisung into a hug after seeing his guilty expression, "It's fine, there's no need for you to apologize because none of it was your fault. The only thing that matters right now is you're alright. I don't really know what I would do if I lost you too."

Jisung embraces her back, "Thank you for thinking that way. You are an important person in my life too."

They stay in that position for almost an hour until Jisung hears Kai snoring. He chuckles at her, and then he carefully lays her down on the bed. He covers her with a blanket, and then he sits beside her.

He stares at her momentarily before gazing out of the window, "So this is what it feels like wanting to be alive."

Author's note: Hi I am really sorry for the late update, it's just I have been busy reading a lot of webcomics/ manhwa and Korean web novels hehe. If you want some recommendations, feel free to message me or comment here. Two more chapters to go before this story comes to an end. I'm really grateful for those who are reading this, even though in my opinion it is lacking in so many ways. Have a nice day and I hope all of you are mentally and physically healthy.