Chapter 11: The Truth Untold

After the heartfelt talk with his brother, Jisung calms himself down and goes back to the pub. The foods include fried chicken, blood sausage, rice, spicy crab, spicy stir-fried octopus, spicy rice cakes and fish cakes, sauteed kimchi with tofu, and bottles of soju are already served on their table when he returns inside.

Minho just got out of the restroom when he spots Jisung standing by the door, so he approaches him, "Jisung, why are you just standing there? Is everything alright?"

"For the first time, I'll answer that question honestly. Yes, everything is okay."

"I'm glad to hear that. Let's go to the table now, and they've been waiting for you," Minho said.

Jisung nods at him.

"I'm sorry for making you wait," Jisung said.

Changbin whines, "Jisung, what took you so long?"

"Don't mind, Changbin, we got worried, but I'm glad you finally returned," Chan said.

Chaeryeong smiles at him, "Don't worry, you didn't make us wait that long."

Jisung still feels apologetic, so he continues to mutter an apology.

"You should sit now," Kai said since she notices that Jisung has been standing ever since he came back.

Jisung takes a seat in front of Kai, "Thank you."

"Kai kept on complaining that she's already hungry, so we let her eat one piece of fried chicken. I hope you won't mind."

Kai hits Ryujin's arm immediately, "Shin Ryujin, why would you even say that? Are you out of your mind?"

"I'm just stating facts. Why are you so embarrassed?" Ryujin asked, not taking a hint.

"I am not," Kai said, flustered.

"Don't worry, Kai, I don't mind at all."

"Ooh, what's with the atmosphere between you two, are you guys-"

Chan wasn't able to finish the sentence because Kai put a spicy rice cake inside his mouth.

"Ah, so spicy," Chan said.

Chan pouts at Kai, "Kai, you're so mean, you know that?"

"You started it first."

"Stop fighting, will you? Let's pray so we can already start eating," Chaeryeong said.

Chan leads the prayer, and they start to dig in afterward.

"You should fill your stomach first before drinking," Minho said to Changbin.

Changbin puts down the bottle of soju, "Alright, thanks for reminding me."

They eat while chatting about things and trying to get Minho and Jisung better. When everyone is already done eating, they started playing a game.

The first game is called 3-6-9. Its main purpose is to say the numbers out loud, counting up from 1. However, for each number that contains a 3, 6, or 9, you must clap. For instance, 1-2-Clap-4-5-Clap-7-8-Clap and so forth. The one who ends up saying 3, 6, or 9 instead of clapping has to drink. Okay, let's begin," Ryujin said.

Chaeryeong started, and then the others continue to follow. The only ones who keep making mistakes are Kai and Changbin, so they each had at least five shots of soju. After playing a couple of rounds, they move on to the next game called the Fool's game.

"This game is a confusing one. The player has to start by saying a number between 1 and 5 while at the same time showing a different number with their hand. For example, Jisung will say two while holding his four fingers up, and he is safe. Now the next player has to say several fingers the previous player has up while showing a different amount with their hand, and so on. The loser is the one that says the same number as they are showing with their hand or if they don't say the number of fingers the previous player is holding up," Minho explains, and they start playing.