Chapter 1: Lucid Dream

"Have you ever dreamed of the same person several times?" Kai asked Ryujin right after they both reached the bus stop.

Ryujin turned to her and asked, "No, I haven't. Why? Have you?"

"I'm not sure. I just can't remember what the dream is all about and his face."

"What do you mean?"

"I've dreamed about the same person over and over again, but as soon as I open my eyes, details about it become a blur. I just knew that I've dreamed of him. Strange, right?"

"Hmm, that's weird. Are you really sure that those two are the same person?"

Kai gives her a nod, "I have a strong hunch that it's the same guy."

"Hmmm, maybe he's a ghost hunting you, or perhaps your unconscious self is sending you some signals. But, you know what, you should do some research about dreams, they say that dreams are the things you desire or think unconsciously, and besides, it's related to your course." Ryujin said.

"I see. For the first time, you've said something that makes sense," Kai said, teasing her.

"Hey, is that even a compliment or what?"

Kai lets out a chuckle, "Depends."

"Hey!" Ryujin hits Kai playfully by the arms

Both of them just giggle at their own silliness.

The travel time from the university to their subdivision is approximately two hours, but it also depends on the extent of the traffic. Minutes later, their bus has arrived, so they get on it. As Kai's butt finds its way to her seat, she rests the right side of her face against the windowpane, "Ryujin, I am going to take a nap, just wake me up when we are already near the next bus stop. I can't even open my eyes wide anymore." Kai mumbles before finally closing her eyes.

"Okay, okay, I understand. Hurry up and go to the dreamland now so you could meet him." She said in a teasing manner while patting Kai's head.

"Also, remind me to hit you when I wake up," Kai said while playfully shrugging her hands off. She hears a chuckle from Ryujin before drifting off to sleep.

∘⁺✧◞₊⋅✱

"Finally, you're here. I haven't seen you for the past three days. Busy with college stuff, I guess." A captivating voice said suddenly.

Kai got startled, so it made her jump.

What the? Who is he? Kai asked herself.

"W-who are you?" She asked while trying to get a glimpse of the guy who just spoke, but the room she's currently in is so dark.

He chuckles, "You forgot? Again?"

"What?"

"You can't remember me. Again." He said in a disappointed but not surprised tone.

Wait, his voice is so distractingly beautiful. Is he doing that on purpose? How can a voice be that alluring? Kai thought.

"Sorry, but I can't even recognize your voice."

Wait, this is a dream, right? So why does it feel surreal?

"Let me help you remember."

"How? I can't even see your face. This room is so dark. Where are we?"

Jisung shakes his head, and then he started sauntering towards Kai. There's a moment of silence, so she thought he already left, but a pair of arms grab her from behind, and she finds herself being held captive in the arms of someone she doesn't even know. The gesture made her confused, and it also made Kai hold her breath in an instant.