Chapter 3: All Alone

A week has passed since Jisung's last visit. Kai also noticed that she's been suffering again from night terrors for seven consecutive days. The last time she experienced it was a year ago, after when she recovered her repressed memories. Kai suspects that since Jisung was occupying her dreamland, it somehow prevented her from experiencing nightmares. Jisung has been occupied with work, and he also wanted to give Kai some space. Kai, on the other hand, feels really bad for the way she had acted towards him. She tried to apologize, but she doesn't know how to contact someone who is not in the same world as her or if Jisung will ever revisit her.

I can't help but feel guilty and ashamed of what I did that night. I just left even though I want to tell him that I'm not mad and I just need time to process all of the information he gave me. Nevertheless, my actions said otherwise. Ugh, I badly want to tell Ryujin and Chan about this matter. I want to get these off my chest, but I know I'll just make them more worried about me, and I think they won't buy it. Even if they're my friends, my encounter with Jisung is not easy to comprehend and believe. Should I just move on from it since he won't probably show up again after what I did? My unbelievable encounter with the other dimension's Jisung made me curious about this world's version of him. I wonder if he's alright here. I hope he is because his different version had suffered enough. Kai thought to herself.

After that, Kai just stared blankly at the ceiling, and when her alarm went off, she forced herself to get up from the bed. Her fridge is almost empty, so she didn't bother to make breakfast. Instead, she got ready and headed to the university earlier than usual, just to eat.

The cafeteria is already open but empty except for the staff since it's too early. So Kai headed to the counter to buy a meal, and she finished her food within 5 minutes.

Thank God, I'm full. It's still early, what should I do and where should I stay? I'm still sleepy, though. Should I just sleep inside the library since it's just a walking distance from our building?

After deciding what to do after eating, she then headed to the library to take a nap. Two hours have passed, and she was woken up by the ringing of her phone. She immediately went out to pick it up.

"Kai, where are you? Do you know what time it is? It's already 8:45. You're going to be late." Chan said in a worried tone.

"Sorry, I slept inside the library. I still have 15 minutes-"

"Didn't you read the announcement in our group chat? We'll be using a room in the Medical Biology Department since there was an accident in our building yesterday."

"What!? Why did they even choose the building that is located on the other side of the campus? How can I get there within 15 minutes? Should I just not attend?" Kai asked.

She can hear Chan sighing on the other line, "Kai, attendance is important during college, and besides, you can make it. You just need to run. Next time make sure to check our group chat-"

"Chan, I'm so sorry, but can you please lecture me later."

He let out a sigh again and said, "Do you know how to get here? You never set foot on this area since you're too lazy to explore our campus."

"Yes, mother Chan, you know me too well. Is the building easy to find?"

"You'll just get confused if I explain it through call, so I sent you the map. Just follow it. Remember 5th floor, room 502. Hurry up, Kai, the time is running." Chan said.

"Okay, okay, 5th floor, room 502, noted gotta go, bye, I mean, see you in a bit!" Kai said, and then she hangs up.

Kai checks the map that Chan had sent her, "The building in the East area of the campus, and I am currently in this location, so if I'm facing this direction, that way is the East, right?" Kai asked herself. "Aish, never minds, I'll just follow my instincts."