Chapter 35.

I get home before it is seven o'clock, despite Emma's pleas to sleep over. I need some time alone, I need to think. I'm anxious for the lunch with Andrew tomorrow, I have so many questions I want to ask him, but at the same time I don't want him to think that I'm only using him. I would like to think of us two as good friends. I don't have any expect for Emma and Heather. And Finn.. if he still wants the be friends of course.

What will he think of me? He broke of our friendship so I would stay away from Harry, but I still met him more often than I should have. If he broke our friendship up so I don't see him, does that mean Finn sees him regularly? I have been friends with him for so long, is it because they do to the same college together? Or does Finn go to more parties than I thought he would?

I take my hair out of the ponytail and massage my scalp. I have a headache. I open the door to our house and walk into the kitchen to make self some tea. Bob and my mother are standing over the counter, laughing while they make dinner. "Hey sweetie," Bob sees me first, kissing my cheek.

"Hi," I whisper and my mother gives me a sympathetic look.

"How are you, Mia?"

"Good, very good," I assure her. "Do you need help?"

My mother looks at Bob, whom winks at her. I raise my eyebrows and smirk when I see my mother’s cheeks flame. "I don't think so," Bob answers. I laugh as I make my way up the stairs, when I hear a smack, followed by a deep "Ow!"

When I'm in my room, I place my backpack on the table and take out everything I need. I start with my homework, finishing everything so I have no more work over the weekend. I don't like to leave everything until Sunday. When I look through my planner, I see that I meet up with Carter on Sunday for the project and his phone number scribbled under it. I take my phone out and type his number in before stopping.

Should I call him? I don't really feel like talking right now, so instead I send him a text message on where he wants to meet up on Sunday. He doesn't reply, so instead I take out my papers and look through the selection of topics we can choose from. It's mainly about classic literature and I decide on The Great Gatsby since I don't believe that Carter is someone who would've read any Jane Austen novel.

Harry would be, my subconsciousness reminds me. I roll my eyes.

Just when I start, my phone vibrates. I've got one messages. My heart pounds and I get irritated with myself for having such a reaction. It couldn't be Harry texting me, not after everything that happened. But I find myself wishing that he would. That he would still be living across the road.

*When should I pick you up? -Andrew .x*

I text Andrew back quickly. *You don't have to. I can drive myself, where are we going? -Mia x*

*Okay, how about the grill? Next to the bar Finn works at? -Andrew*

I smile despite the pang in my chest. *Sounds good. Be there at noon. -M*

Just when I place the phone back on the table it vibrates again. This time it's a message from Carter. I have to laugh at myself - I never received this many messages at once.

*Sunday. My place? -C*

I think back at the talk I had with Emma yesterday. "If you ask me, I'd say that if you want some answers, you fucking get some. Don't let those stupid boys toy you around, you have the power to get answers and one way or another you will get some," she gestures to the television. "Nobody can hurt a bad-ass. Don't let them hurt you Mia, nobody can do that without your approval. And if I recall correctly, you haven't given them one right? Show them who the boss is."

Feeling strangely confident and before having the opportunity to over think anything I let my fingers dance across the screen. *Sounds good. Text me the address and time. -Mia*

• • •

The next morning, the sun shines through my window and I smile before turning climbing out of bed. Usually I don't sleep in until past twelve, but by the lack of sleep I have gotten the last days I surely needed it. I take my pills before climbing into the shower, leaving my hair in a bun since I already washed it yesterday. While rinsing my body off, I think about what I want to ask Andrew. Maybe I should limit it down to three questions? I don't want him to feel like he's in an interrogation. I still want to enjoy it.

By the time I have my makeup done and my hair curled, I have narrowed myself down to four questions. Three just didn't work for me. First I want him to tell me why we couldn't have brought Finn to the hospital in first place. Second I want to know about his relationship with Finn and third how long he has known him. And lastly I get as much information about Harry out of as I can.

Emma is right, if I want answers I have a right to get some. I look at myself in the mirror. I decided to wear some tight black jeans and a nice white blouse, since we aren't going to a fancy restaurant. Still, I don't want to look a little nicer. I take my black boots out of the closet and slip them on. Still feeling a little naked around the shoulders I take a light maroon cardigan out of the closet and pull it over my arms. The color of the cardigan brings out the red in my hair and I smile at myself.

"Look who decided to wake up!" my mother, laughs. Memories of last night’s dinner flash in my mind, how my mum was calmer than usual, laughing more. Even Bob seemed more at peace and my heart swells at the thought of it.

I laugh. "Morning, Mum," I say and she gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Where are you going?"

I shrug while making myself a pot of coffee. I still have some time before. The drive usually take about thirty-five minutes without traffic. "Just meeting up with some friends...“

She pushes her hair out of her face and only now I notice that she's in simple jeans and shirt instead of her usual perfect appearance. I raise my eyebrows, but keep quiet. "Will Finnick be there, too?"

I press my lips into a fine line. "I think so... Why are you asking?"

"I heard that you two aren't on speaking terms," she says, but before I can ask her where she got that from she slips an envelope across the counter. "This came for you this morning. It's from WCU."

I almost drop my coffee. I just stand there for a few seconds, starring at the white envelope. "Mia, dear, you can open it," my mother says, trying to sound happy, but I hear her nervousness behind her voice. I tear my eyes from the envelope and look into her eyes. I can see the guard she suddenly put up and bite my lip. We still haven't really discussed the topic of me going away from home but when she smiles at me and pushes the envelope at me I breathe out.

That was all I needed to hear before, literally, lurking forward and ripping the envelope open. For a moment I was scared that I ripped the paper inside of it as well. This is it, this will decide if I stay at home and do online college, or if I will get a taste of freedom of my own.

This is paper has the power to change my life. As I pull it out halfway, I stop. "What's wrong?"

But instead of answering, I open the drawer of the first cabinet below the counter and shove it inside. "I don't want to know quite yet. Tonight, at dinner when Bob's here as well. Don't open it up before."

And with that I kiss my confused mother goodbye and am out the door.

•••••••••

A/N.: Merry Christmas! It's a double update as a sorry for my lack of chapters! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

As always please vote and comment! I love you all! XO